Moparts

SPD on my AAR

Posted By: fastmark

SPD on my AAR - 06/24/18 12:24 PM

I thought I remember that the AAR cars were only scheduled for a few build dates like the A12 cars. What are the chances my car was actually built after the SPD of 4 08 on the tag? The reason I asked is because I just acquired a real nice set of 390 rim dated 4 14.
Posted By: BigMoneyLewis

Re: SPD on my AAR - 06/24/18 06:22 PM

Unlike the A12 which only had two SPDs , or the Superbird that only had one ,
the A53 cars had regular SPDs assigned all throughout the run which lasted from the Pilots in Feb till some late built May cars although the vast majority will be in the months of March / April .

Greg
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: SPD on my AAR - 06/24/18 09:41 PM

if you have a broadcast sheet, I can tell you when it was actually "In Production" VS. its "scheduled" date

Re: SPD on my AAR - 06/24/18 11:19 PM

No sheet for my car. I swapped out the rear seat in 76 to a parts car and sold it. It may have had one. I’ll never know. Crud on the date codes. I’ll guess I’ll have to find some more and sell these if I get picky.
Posted By: BigMoneyLewis

Re: SPD on my AAR - 06/25/18 01:02 AM

Did you remove the plastic backs from the buckets ? That's the best place to find mint broadcast sheets in 1970 Hamtramck built E bodies.

Greg

Re: SPD on my AAR - 06/25/18 12:51 PM

Yes. I’ve looked. I may have swapped those out as well. I can’t remember.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: SPD on my AAR - 06/26/18 03:35 AM

What month does your door sticker say?

And you checked on top of the glove box?

And what is the date on your K frame?
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: SPD on my AAR - 06/26/18 09:36 PM

Lots of 1970 A & E Hamtramck cars scheduled for April have March door stickers, many were built earlier than their SPDs.

Some were built later as well.

You can start a spreadsheet with dates you find on the car that you believe to be on original parts & see where your cars data leads you.......
© 2024 Moparts Forums