Moparts

Oil Leak....arggg

Posted By: 383BeepBeep

Oil Leak....arggg - 06/06/08 08:43 PM

I am having no luck with this one leak from the oil pan. I have successfully created an even bigger leak(I have no luck with large cork gaskets). The oil pan has been checked for straightness as has the block. I am using a windage tray. Can I get a way with Black RTV? Any suggestions. I am glad it isn't a customers car.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Oil Leak....arggg - 06/06/08 08:46 PM

it's the gasket , i HATE those cork gaskets .

along with the flange being straight it has to be FLAT and cork gaskets are the biggest player in ruining the flatness of that oil pan flange if you over tighten the bolts , which is easy top do with that gasket
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Oil Leak....arggg - 06/06/08 09:26 PM

Are you absolutley SURE the leak couldn't be comming from the front cover crank seal? I ask because I struggled with that years ago--I was SURE it was the pan. The front crank can leak and the windage of the fan spray it back and down (of course) and all you see is it collecting on the pan flange looking to all the world like a pan leak......
Posted By: 383BeepBeep

Re: Oil Leak....arggg - 06/07/08 01:48 AM

Just got back from the shop....front cover is fine. I just RTVed the snot out it(on advice from a F.A.S.T class friend). Hope it works. Thanks guys
© 2024 Moparts Forums