Moparts

Trying to locate origin of a caliper

Posted By: Smalls

Trying to locate origin of a caliper - 05/29/18 08:41 PM

Hi all. I have a Frankenstein Truck. It's a 1954 Ford Body, Chevy 350 motor and a MOPAR front end. In trying to replace the brake system I have discovered that the pads are from a 1974 Roadrunner, the rotors are from a 1975 Coronet, I am coming up empty on the origin of the caliper. The numbers on the caliper include 4126, 508, 807 and G445A or perhaps 6445A it's rather worn. Single piston. I cannot figure out how to link a picture to this post. Everything we have tried to match up to date will not work. Any advice/insight is appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Trying to locate origin of a caliper - 05/29/18 09:31 PM

Most front ends that are grafted onto trucks are Aspen/Volare. I have seen it done a dozen times. work
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Trying to locate origin of a caliper - 05/29/18 09:44 PM

There is only one easily swapped Mopar front end...I bet good money it has transverse torsion bars, so it's the Aspen/Volare/basically everything else after that, front end. It's a generic piece. Chrysler was going under and couldn't afford to change many things up.

Do a little searching in the online lending library, IE, Rockauto.com.

There are only two types of calipers for that front end: the pin type and the slider type. They were used over numerous years and models. Your pads will cross reference with one of the two types.

If I'm incorrect someone will be certain to point it out.

R.
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: Trying to locate origin of a caliper - 05/30/18 03:07 AM

You're killing me Smalls!

I agree with the others that it's likely to be what we commonly call an FMJ cradle swap.

Look up calipers for a 76-80 Violate and see if they're close.
© 2024 Moparts Forums