Moparts

smallest power steering gear box

Posted By: mcat4321

smallest power steering gear box - 05/26/18 09:03 PM

what is the smallest power steering gear that will bolt up to a E-BODY with little to no modification?
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: smallest power steering gear box - 05/26/18 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By mcat4321
what is the smallest power steering gear that will bolt up to a E-BODY with little to no modification?

Are you looking for header clearance? I think all the stock ones are the same size. I had to go with a manual box in my Dart for TTI headers.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: smallest power steering gear box - 05/26/18 09:44 PM

Borgenson. Spelling may be wrong
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: smallest power steering gear box - 05/26/18 11:22 PM

Borgeson. wink

http://www.borgeson.com/

Did not know they made a smaller box now. Very cool. up

Tim
Posted By: JAMESDART

Re: smallest power steering gear box - 05/27/18 12:44 AM

The borgeson has mixed reviews here, but I think it's a great piece.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: smallest power steering gear box - 05/27/18 01:24 AM

Another vote for Borgeson. I've installed two of them and they've been great for a number of years now. Order it through Bergman and use his column adapter.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: smallest power steering gear box - 05/27/18 12:16 PM

Borgeson seems to be the only non stock option.
Sorry if i kidnap the topic but i suspect the OP might also be intrested,how is the feel of them? anywhere near stock or do they feel "to modern" ?

Re: smallest power steering gear box - 05/27/18 02:00 PM

My car has a very similar feel to stock, but faster ratio. I removed all the shims in the valve and drilled the fitting to 5/32. I guess it can be firmed up by adding shims but yes a close to stock feel is possible.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: smallest power steering gear box - 05/27/18 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By JAMESDART
My car has a very similar feel to stock, but faster ratio. I removed all the shims in the valve and drilled the fitting to 5/32. I guess it can be firmed up by adding shims but yes a close to stock feel is possible.

What power steering box are you using. Only faster ratio stock mounting box is the borgenson at 14:1. Stock boxes need longer pitman to change ratio.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: smallest power steering gear box - 05/28/18 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By JAMESDART

Thank you,that is good to know:)

Re: smallest power steering gear box - 05/28/18 09:54 PM

BORGESON. someone asked if it had a "too modern feel". Mine doesn't feel too firm, but when I replaced the pump I removed all the shims as a starting point.
© 2024 Moparts Forums