Moparts

Cuda Challenger resonator eliminator pipe?

Posted By: RSI700VIPER

Cuda Challenger resonator eliminator pipe? - 05/20/18 04:32 PM

Does anyone make these? Seems like you have to buy an entire exhaust system to get the resonator eliminator pipes. Not easy to make one up without a bunch of male to female to male adapters.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Cuda Challenger resonator eliminator pipe? - 05/20/18 05:31 PM

a reasonable exhaust shop should be able to swedge a pipe section up and down at both ends to fit what you need at minimal cost. my one buddy had a small shop that his boy took over when he retired. he told me you can usually go up and down two sizes if you use quality pipe for the job. he only used high quality, heavy wall, aluminized tubing.
beer

Re: Cuda Challenger resonator eliminator pipe? - 05/20/18 06:36 PM

moparx,
Your probably right, but I have everything apart and hanging down with the car on jack stands. A 10 minute job to put it back together at this point.
2 hours tying everything up, loading on trailer, taking it to a local shop, then back, etc.
Wonder if I can buy one of those KD pipe expanders at autozone and make one myself?
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Cuda Challenger resonator eliminator pipe? - 05/20/18 08:04 PM

Don't bother with the kd expander. It isn't made to do what you need. Do you have an old resonator you can take to the muffler shop? If not then measure what you need to get everything to line up. They can make it.

Re: Cuda Challenger resonator eliminator pipe? - 05/20/18 09:18 PM

Unfortunately I don't have an original resinator. I know they are 2 1/4 ID, inlet and outlet but don't know the factory length. I searched the internet and couldn't find the length anywhere. I'm guessing about 14 inches but not sure. Can someone measure theirs and post the length?

Re: Cuda Challenger resonator eliminator pipe? - 05/24/18 01:28 PM

Bump - anyone know the tip to tip length of a factory resonator?
Posted By: BDW

Re: Cuda Challenger resonator eliminator pipe? - 05/24/18 04:54 PM

Contact Accurate Exhaust systems, I'm sure they'd help you out.
© 2024 Moparts Forums