Moparts

Can anyone identify what this intake manifold?

Posted By: McCandlessboy

Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/21/18 01:50 PM

Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/21/18 02:04 PM

Bolt pattern looks like a dodge red ram.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/21/18 04:37 PM

that is a strange one for sure
Posted By: Centerline

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/21/18 04:52 PM

I believe it is an aftermarket intake for the '53-'54 Chrysler 331 hemi. The bolt pattern is the same and it has the water outlets in the proper location. The pre-1955 early hemis had a "wet" intake with the thermostat housing as part of the intake. The later hemis(late '54-'58)had a crossover manifold that held the thermostat and bolted to water exits on the front of each head. This one has the water outlets in the same location as the early "pre-'55" heads. It's a very unique manifold and probably worth $$$ to an early hemi enthusiast.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/21/18 06:32 PM

does the base have any similarities to the fuel injection early HEMI manifolds? shruggy & an adapter to carburate it?

Attached picture chrysler electrojector FI .jpg
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/21/18 10:09 PM

Almost looks like an early attempt at a Modman intake like the one Indy sells shruggy

Gus beer
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/22/18 01:57 AM

With two water outlets,may possibly be a marine intake,part number looks to be 1562843,puts it around 1954.

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/22/18 02:38 PM

I've posted on multiple message boards and social medial platforms. The consensus is, that nobody knows haha. It's a cool piece that hopefully one day we can track down exactly what it was used for.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/22/18 05:12 PM

if nothing else, great "garage art" ! up
beer
Posted By: yella71

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/22/18 06:23 PM

I would call or e mail HotHeads the early hemi guys I think in the Carolinas or georga. They specialize in those engines. I also was thinking marine or maybe a stationary pump or industrial application. Its a nice piece.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/23/18 10:23 PM

It's for early Firepower Chrysler. Bolts go 1-2-2-2-1 with the center 2 and the outer ones closer to the centerline of the intake.

The Desoto has them pretty much all in a row.

The Red Ram is backwards from the Firepower and the center two are farther away from the intake centerline.

It doesn't look factory to me, but the part number is, except for the "E". Is it cast iron or aluminum? I like the pencil calculations visible on the top machined surface.

It also looks pretty low-perf to me.

R.

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/24/18 02:02 AM

Maniford is Aluminum
Posted By: Centerline

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/24/18 04:14 AM

[img]https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachments/upload_2014-10-11_10-13-23-png.2735205/[/img]

This is a pre-'55 331 hemi with an aftermarket intake and stock heads. Notice the water outlets in the manifold. What you have, and I said it before, is an aftermarket intake for a '53 or '54 Chrysler 331 Hemi.

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/25/18 01:50 PM

I will have it on display in the museum. Will be a fun conversation piece. I'll have answers from around the web shown so people can figure out for themselves what they believe it to be. Got it as part of a package of stuff, including a hyper pak setup.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Can anyone identify what this intake manifold? - 04/25/18 05:54 PM

you don't see "hyper pak" stuff every day !
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums