Moparts

Where to buy Alternator and PS bolts for 360?

Posted By: wayfarer1

Where to buy Alternator and PS bolts for 360? - 04/12/18 02:32 AM

Mancini's have the bolt kit for the timing cover/water pump but I can't find a listing for the bolts to mount the alternator or the PS pump. These bolts need to be for a LA 360 w/o a/c. Where can I buy these bolts? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
Posted By: ahy

Re: Where to buy Alternator and PS bolts for 360? - 04/12/18 02:40 AM

ACE hardware is my choice. Use a test bolt or trial and error. You want at least 3/8" thread engagement and more is better until it bottoms out. I generally use washers and test for bottoming without washer first. If it does not bottom out w/o washer, good to go when torqued.

Grade 5 should be fine or grade 8 if you prefer.
Posted By: YO7_A66

Re: Where to buy Alternator and PS bolts for 360? - 04/12/18 03:30 AM

It agree with above. My local Tractor Supply has standard Grade 5 or Grade 8 bolts in the longer lengths. Test fit and add washers or cut length down until they fit.
You can use a piece of threaded rod to get your measurement if you have a piece laying around. Then go buy the bolt you need.
Posted By: wayfarer1

Re: Where to buy Alternator and PS bolts for 360? - 04/12/18 04:02 AM

we have all of the original bolts from the front of the engine, however they are not in reusable condition. I can use the old bolts for reference for the diameter and length. I am going to go with a grade 5 bolt. We have a Rural King near us that has a great selection of bolts.

Thanks for all to advice and info,
Joe
© 2024 Moparts Forums