Moparts

WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS

Posted By: Magnumguy

WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 03:43 PM

I've seen some on cars that look close to original style, and some that don't.

Who sells radiators for our classics?
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 04:00 PM

Glen-Ray Radiator out of Wausau, WI has the best but I am sure you mean aftermarket not reproduction.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 04:05 PM

I put an OER from Classic Industries in my 70' Charger last summer. Looks just like the OEM factory radiator but it just doesn't have the tank numbers stamped on top. Everything bolted right up as needed & hose location were in the correct positions as well. My car also will now idle all day in Woodward traffic and not overheat. I am happy with it so far.

I had a complete custom radiator made for my 70' Challenger to support the 1000 HP on the street. It has a custom made shroud & dual electric fans incorporated in it. I had them try to keep the Mopar look & had them add the -20 weld bungs for the AN fittings for the upper & lower hosed to keep with my "race car but looking kind of stock theme".

Attached picture rsz_20161201_200820_003.jpg
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 04:07 PM

That doesn't look anything like a factory radiator. To the OP, if you want one that look just like the original, call Glen Ray, but I'm not sure if they make all of the different styles that Chrysler used.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By 71birdJ68
That doesn't look anything like a factory radiator. To the OP, if you want one that look just like the original, call Glen Ray, but I'm not sure if they make all of the different styles that Chrysler used.

He never said it was...

But agreed on vendor Glen-Ray, but expect to spend $$$$ if the best is what you want

Mike

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By 71birdJ68

He never said it was...

But agreed on vendor Glen-Ray, but expect to spend $$$$ if the best is what you want

Mike

Yes, I never said 100% correct. the rad in my Challenger isn't 100% correct I was just going for some thing close. As mentioned Glen Ray is the source for the 100 factory look but not everyone can spend $1500.00 on just a radiator.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 04:39 PM

At one time US radiator had some radiators that looked pretty good. I don`t know if that has changed or not since it was many years ago I bought one from them. http://www.usradiator.com/dodge-challenger-1970-72-v8-bb-radiator.html
Posted By: Triggerfish

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 05:11 PM

Glen Ray for sure. They can even date stamp it if you want it to look original to your car. The 956 one he did for my Hemi Challenger years back ran suuper cool. I think it was over a grand IIRC, but that was 12 years ago.

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 05:13 PM

It's not a show car, just a survivor/driver. I don't like the flat topped style like 6PKRTSE posted.

One Magnum I had had one, not sure where it came from.

I'll try these listed, thanks.

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 05:13 PM

You said it looks JUST LIKE the OEM radiator. There are other companies besides Glen Ray that make a product that is a whole lot closer to OEM than that radiator.

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By Magnumguy
It's not a show car, just a survivor/driver. I don't like the flat topped style like 6PKRTSE posted.

I was just showing the rad in my Challenger as another option or comparison. The rad in my Charger is much closer to OEM.

Attached picture 70RTSE3.jpg

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 05:43 PM

Now that's more like it, I am sure that is much closer to what he was wanting/ asking about than the other. That rad looks close enough that most people won't notice the lack of numbers. Especially for a driver, and they can be had for about the same money.
Posted By: Mattax

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By Magnumguy

Are you looking for ribs in a square top? or are you asking about a bubble top (aka round top) tank?
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/07/18 08:41 PM

US Radiator has some options including Aluminum that look pretty close to OEM, 22 and 26 inch with 20% and 40% increased cooling options.

http://www.usradiator.com/radiators/dodge.html?cat=829
Posted By: BSB67

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/08/18 02:02 AM

Griffin radiators

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/08/18 03:11 AM

Quote:
Are you looking for ribs in a square top? or are you asking about a bubble top (aka round top) tank?

Square is what's on it.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/08/18 03:51 AM

If you want a CORRECT reproduction Glen-Ray isnt just the best choice, they are the ONLY choice. They can also restore your original radiator as well as building you a custom version with extra cooling capacity.
Posted By: frank

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/08/18 04:50 AM

Glen Ray

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/08/18 01:32 PM

Thanks all. smile
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/08/18 01:46 PM

I have bought several glen ray radiators and never spent over $1100.00 you get what you pay for and they are absolutely the finest quality
Posted By: moparpoolman

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/09/18 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By 65pacecar
US Radiator has some options including Aluminum that look pretty close to OEM, 22 and 26 inch with 20% and 40% increased cooling options.

http://www.usradiator.com/radiators/dodge.html?cat=829

If you don't care to have the 100% oem look with the part number and pentastar US Radiator isn't a bad choice and you could get one from year one or classic industries maybe for a better price if they are running a sale.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/09/18 04:49 AM

I bought one from Autozone for a Volare not that long ago and it was pretty close to original https://www.autozone.com/cooling-heating...reVehicle=false
Posted By: Sixt8Chrgr

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/13/18 02:43 AM

Glen Ray
Posted By: vinnyd76

Re: WHO HAS THE MOST ORIGINAL LOOKING REPLACEMENT RADIATORS - 03/13/18 03:39 AM

Glen-Ray - Bob and thee team there are great! Purchased three radiators from him over the years.
© 2024 Moparts Forums