Moparts

Vinyl Cleaner/Preservative

Posted By: b_body_fan

Vinyl Cleaner/Preservative - 02/24/18 11:12 PM

What vinyl cleaner/preservative do you all reccomend? My car has a combination of old and new vinyl in the interior as well as a new reproduction vinyl top. My seat covers are Legendary reproductions but the dash and door panels are redyed originals. I am looking for a product that works well with both, as well as the original hard vinyl A pillar and kick panels. I have been told in the past to stay away from ArmorAll because it has a tendency to dry out vinyl over time. Also, what product is good for vinyl exterior stripes?
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: Vinyl Cleaner/Preservative - 02/24/18 11:50 PM

I've tried several different ones, and had good luck with these: Vinylex by Lexol. Meguiars Gold Class vinyl/rubber protectant, and 303 Aerospace Protectant. Right now I'm mostly using 303. Its great for vinyl tops & rubber tires and dash pads. As for strips, if its a gloss 3M type stripe I just use car wax while waxing the car. But don't if its a flat black type stripe.
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Vinyl Cleaner/Preservative - 02/25/18 12:32 AM

303 is the best. It will rejuvenate just about any kind of plastic and rubber. VLR from Mothers is something I've used with great results on vinyl and leather also. Gives it a great look and a clean, smooth feel.
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Vinyl Cleaner/Preservative - 02/25/18 12:34 AM

.....also, those products will not leave a crappy armor all shine/greasy finish, and won't act like a dust magnet.
Posted By: road

Re: Vinyl Cleaner/Preservative - 02/27/18 08:00 PM

I have used 3M Leather and Vinyl restorer #39040 for years.
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: Vinyl Cleaner/Preservative - 02/28/18 02:41 AM

© 2024 Moparts Forums