Moparts

Rear package tray suggestions.

Posted By: BlueRacer69

Rear package tray suggestions. - 02/06/18 04:47 AM

I would like to replace my rear package tray in my 69 Dart hardtop. I want the textured type without speaker cutouts. What manufacture makes the best fitting & most accurate looking trays now days? Also whats the best company to order it from? Thanks.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Rear package tray suggestions. - 02/06/18 03:51 PM

I got mine from Dixie Restoration. Check with him and he should be able to answer your questions.
Posted By: Dartforforty

Re: Rear package tray suggestions. - 02/06/18 04:16 PM

I purchased one for my 64 Belvedere directly through Classic Industries.
Color was spot on and fit perfect with no mods needed.

Ed
Posted By: 69bfan

Re: Rear package tray suggestions. - 02/06/18 04:49 PM

I would have to say that 98% of the package trays come out of REM located in REM. The texture is not as pronounced as the originals. They are not perfect, but are better than a rotten or broken one. If that is a concern, then your going to have find a good used one which can be painted to black or the desired color.
The worst part about ordering the package trays is that shipping is going to cost as much as the part. Due to the oversize nature of the part, it goes as "Oversize" in the shipping department. If your attending the Indy Cylinder Head show in March, we can bring one to that show for you to look at.
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: Rear package tray suggestions. - 02/06/18 09:20 PM

Thanks for the info guys. bow
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Rear package tray suggestions. - 02/07/18 03:29 PM

I used contact cement and glued a sheet of vinyl from the fabric store to my rough original package tray. To the untrained casual observer it would pass for original, and to be fair it looks better than the original.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Rear package tray suggestions. - 02/07/18 04:01 PM

I made one out of 1/4" Cherry plywood once for a car that was not supported by the aftermarket. I painted it satin black & it turned out awesome.
© 2024 Moparts Forums