Moparts

3 speed wiper linkage installation on a 69 B Body

Posted By: blewbyu

3 speed wiper linkage installation on a 69 B Body - 02/06/18 04:35 AM

I am installing all the linkage back under the dash of a Superbee. I put the pivots in and connected the right arm over to the left linkage pivot bracket and push locked it with the plastic retainer. I tried to operate the linkage before connecting to the motor. I guess my question is the motor arm goes in a circular motion but I tried to rotate the linkage arms in a circular motion and it seems they do not rotate all the way around 360 degrees. Are the linkage arms suppose to rotate in a circular motion? If so I must have something hooked up wrong. Does anyone have a picture or can describe how everything should be connected.
Posted By: PurpleBeeper

Re: 3 speed wiper linkage installation on a 69 B Body - 02/06/18 04:46 AM

As best as I can describe it, the wiper linkage is like an old "choo-choo" train. The motor goes around in a circle & so does the first little short arm bolted to it, but the long arms that go to each wiper pivot sort of move like the arms you see going to the wheels on a "choo-choo"....sort of like it's reversed in that the wiper pivot end of the long arms is similar to the choo-choo drive piston & the wiper motor is like the choo-choo wheel (powered opposite vs. a choo-choo)

I like typing "choo-choo" smile
Posted By: Stanton

Re: 3 speed wiper linkage installation on a 69 B Body - 02/06/18 04:57 AM

Quote:
I tried to rotate the linkage arms in a circular motion and it seems they do not rotate all the way around 360

Of course not ... your wipers go back and forth - not all the way around !!!

Re: 3 speed wiper linkage installation on a 69 B Body - 02/06/18 05:20 AM

Originally Posted By Stanton
Quote:
I tried to rotate the linkage arms in a circular motion and it seems they do not rotate all the way around 360

Of course not ... your wipers go back and forth - not all the way around !!!

I know they go back and fourth, that doesn't mean linkage does not rotate with a serious of cams and pivots. But of course only on Moparts would you get this kinda of comment. whistling
Posted By: ns1aar

Re: 3 speed wiper linkage installation on a 69 B Body - 02/06/18 05:49 AM

Originally Posted By PurpleBeeper
As best as I can describe it, the wiper linkage is like an old "choo-choo" train. The motor goes around in a circle & so does the first little short arm bolted to it, but the long arms that go to each wiper pivot sort of move like the arms you see going to the wheels on a "choo-choo"....sort of like it's reversed in that the wiper pivot end of the long arms is similar to the choo-choo drive piston & the wiper motor is like the choo-choo wheel (powered opposite vs. a choo-choo)

I like typing "choo-choo" smile

I agree back and forth

Re: 3 speed wiper linkage installation on a 69 B Body - 02/06/18 05:16 PM

Quote:
I know they go back and fourth, that doesn't mean linkage does not rotate with a serious of cams and pivots. But of course only on Moparts would you get this kinda of comment.

And where do you think those pivots and cams might be hiding ?!?

Re: 3 speed wiper linkage installation on a 69 B Body - 02/07/18 03:51 AM

Quote:
I know they go back and fourth, that doesn't mean linkage does not rotate with a serious of cams and pivots. But of course only on Moparts would you get this kinda of comment.

They are probably up your A$$

Re: 3 speed wiper linkage installation on a 69 B Body - 02/07/18 05:05 AM

Awwwww, did I offend the coddled little boy? Go tell your mommy about the bad man and get a hug.

Re: 3 speed wiper linkage installation on a 69 B Body - 02/07/18 05:16 AM

Awwwww, did I offend the coddled little boy? Go tell your mommy about the bad man and get a hug.

No offense taken, I just answered your dumb question since you wanted to know where all those items where. coffee

At least my mom still loves me. grin

You are the reason why Americans think the way they do about Canadian's stirthepot
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 3 speed wiper linkage installation on a 69 B Body - 02/07/18 08:42 AM

I'm sure you knew the arms going up to the wiper blades had to reverse directions to go back and forth, correct work
Maybe it is time to engage the thought process before asking about what you already have the answer to work stirthepot grin whistling
Posted By: Southern Wolf

Re: 3 speed wiper linkage installation on a 69 B Body - 02/08/18 12:02 AM

[/quote]
Everybody likes some ass but nobody likes a SMART ASS!!
Posted By: 70NetRT

Re: 3 speed wiper linkage installation on a 69 B Body - 02/10/18 10:18 PM

Here is the linkage from my 70 Coronet. Hope it helps

Attached picture wiper_linkage.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums