Moparts

71 A-Body fuel pickup tube/sending unit - whats the BEST?

Posted By: cal_gecko

71 A-Body fuel pickup tube/sending unit - whats the BEST? - 02/05/18 08:12 PM

I'm tired of my fuel gauge not being accurate, and this weekend, the sending unit seal started leaking.. .so it's time for a replacement. I'm currently using one that I bought new a few years back (don't remember from where).. it's a single tube (no fuel return line). Who's got the best one out there? 71 Swinger.

Attached picture fuelpickup.jpg
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: 71 A-Body fuel pickup tube/sending unit - whats the BEST? - 02/05/18 08:35 PM

Call Dixie Restorations. If anybody has one that will work right, it would be them, but that doesn't mean that they have it anymore

Re: 71 A-Body fuel pickup tube/sending unit - whats the BEST? - 02/05/18 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By 71birdJ68
Call Dixie Restorations. If anybody has one that will work right, it would be them, but that doesn't mean that they have it anymore

Thanks ... I checked their site... looks like they only deal with GM stuff frown

Re: 71 A-Body fuel pickup tube/sending unit - whats the BEST? - 02/05/18 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By cal_gecko
Originally Posted By 71birdJ68

Thanks ... I checked their site... looks like they only deal with GM stuff frown

well.. apparently https://www.dixierestorationdepot.com/ and http://www.dixierestorationparts.com/ are very different sites wink
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: 71 A-Body fuel pickup tube/sending unit - whats the BEST? - 02/06/18 12:18 AM

Honestly I would look for a NOS one. I think the part number is 4051004.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: 71 A-Body fuel pickup tube/sending unit - whats the BEST? - 02/06/18 02:38 AM

Agreed, NOS (and good luck finding one). ALL if the reproductions I've seen are junk. Sad but true.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: 71 A-Body fuel pickup tube/sending unit - whats the BEST? - 02/06/18 03:44 AM

Did you actually call them? They have way more than the web site shows.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: 71 A-Body fuel pickup tube/sending unit - whats the BEST? - 02/06/18 09:51 PM

Also use a NOS lock ring also as the aftermarket ones are flimsy.
© 2024 Moparts Forums