Moparts

FiTech - Throttle Cable & Kickdown Linkage?

Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

FiTech - Throttle Cable & Kickdown Linkage? - 02/03/18 07:28 AM

My Father-in-Law is looking to install an FiTech setup on his '79 Li'l Red Express and I am wondering what challenges with throttle linkages we may run into.

If you have done this swap, were you able to retain the factory cable and kickdown linkage?

Or did you have to move to something like the Lokar setup for both?
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: FiTech - Throttle Cable & Kickdown Linkage? - 02/03/18 04:41 PM

Would the Edelbrock throttle lever bracket work for this shruggy They are made to adapt universal (most popular GM) to Mopar linkage.
Gus beer
Posted By: Azzkikrcuda

Re: FiTech - Throttle Cable & Kickdown Linkage? - 02/03/18 05:01 PM

FiTech has the Holly style throttle arm. I just set one up using the Holley throttle adaptor PN# 20-7.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: FiTech - Throttle Cable & Kickdown Linkage? - 02/03/18 06:24 PM

Just to point out, the Edelbrock adapter and the Holley adapter are not interchangeable.
Posted By: Jerry

Re: FiTech - Throttle Cable & Kickdown Linkage? - 02/03/18 07:04 PM

use the holley throttle arm adapter, I also switched to a cable operated kickdown linkage.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: FiTech - Throttle Cable & Kickdown Linkage? - 02/03/18 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By GoodysGotaCuda
My Father-in-Law is looking to install an FiTech setup on his '79 Li'l Red Express and I am wondering what challenges with throttle linkages we may run into.

If you have done this swap, were you able to retain the factory cable and kickdown linkage?

Or did you have to move to something like the Lokar setup for both?

buddy of mine used the Edelbrock bracket. Aside for some alignment issues it works great. He will also have to make some adjustments to the throttle cable. He has a 79 Warlock with a bigblock
Posted By: GTSDart340

Re: FiTech - Throttle Cable & Kickdown Linkage? - 02/06/18 02:56 AM

I had to adjust the size of one of the holes in my Edelbrock bracket, but it works great. I have the factory throttle cable and kickdown linkage still in use.
© 2024 Moparts Forums