Moparts

Factory sunroof question

Posted By: FuryRoad

Factory sunroof question - 01/23/18 05:50 AM

I have access to a 73 imperial with a factory sliding sunroof. The car is to far gone to do anything with. My question is it the same sunroof as a A,B,or E or even another C body or is it dedicated to the 73 imperial. In other words is the sunroof a drop in universal unit or do they all have different roof lines.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Factory sunroof question - 01/23/18 05:56 AM

The C-bodies have a wider panel & under pan for sure.

Not sure if the Imperials use the same parts as a C, but a parts book would clear that up.

Parts are not easy to find for those that need them though.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Factory sunroof question - 01/23/18 07:49 AM

Did Chrysler even supply the parts for these? I thought all the roof cutting was done by outside sources?
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Factory sunroof question - 01/24/18 06:36 PM

All the sunroofs were supplied by American Sunroof Corporation - ASC (I think that was the name) . . . was started by a German fellow who supplied sunroofs to BMW, Audi, MB, etc. . . ASC still in business to this day !!

My 74 Duster360 was factory sunroof car. In the A bodies anyway, not sure on B E and C, the sunroof and mechanism was bolted up to the roof of the car.

https://americansunroof.com/

Cheers

Mark
Posted By: FuryRoad

Re: Factory sunroof question - 01/24/18 09:06 PM

What I'm wondering if I pick up this 73 imperial could I remove the sunroof parts from the imperial and put it in a b or e body? Has anybody here ever done that? I will register the imp with asc registry even if its junk.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Factory sunroof question - 01/24/18 09:42 PM

B will fit E, but Cs & Imps are too big.
© 2024 Moparts Forums