Moparts

Repair panel for upper fender area search inquiry

Posted By: WS68SSC

Repair panel for upper fender area search inquiry - 01/22/18 05:48 AM

I am seeking assistance in locating a replacement panel for the driver side fender a 1968 Dodge Dart.

Attached is an image of the area that needs to be replaced due to rust.

Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 1.jpg

Re: Repair panel for upper fender area search inquiry - 01/22/18 06:02 AM

This is essentially the replacement panel I am in search of.

Attached picture example.jpg
Posted By: Neil

Re: Repair panel for upper fender area search inquiry - 01/22/18 06:29 AM

I have not seen anyone selling just that section.

You could just find another A-Body fender that may be damaged, but doesn't have rust in that area and cut the part you need off and weld it onto yours. Someone with good welding and metal finishing sills could do it and make the repair invisible.

Re: Repair panel for upper fender area search inquiry - 01/22/18 06:53 PM

Yeah every junk fender I have found for sale is atleast $150. I probably should have just purchased new fenders from AMD...
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Repair panel for upper fender area search inquiry - 01/22/18 07:24 PM

If the rest of the fender is still good, you could just repair the 3" section that is bad. A short piece wouldn't be hard to reproduce and weld into place. Gene
Posted By: dvw

Re: Repair panel for upper fender area search inquiry - 01/22/18 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By poorboy
If the rest of the fender is still good, you could just repair the 3" section that is bad. A short piece wouldn't be hard to reproduce and weld into place. Gene

I agree that's an easy patch.
Doug
Posted By: markz528

Re: Repair panel for upper fender area search inquiry - 01/23/18 06:40 AM

Originally Posted By dvw
Originally Posted By poorboy

I agree that's an easy patch.
Doug

Agree. Its that's the only issues it would be a no brainer for me to make a path to fix it.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Repair panel for upper fender area search inquiry - 01/23/18 02:42 PM

I have a wrecked 68 fender in Rockford that I believe that area is good, PM me if interested. wave I see that the passenger side fender you picture above is a replacement, is the drivers side also a replacement? That area is slightly different.
© 2024 Moparts Forums