Moparts

Barracuda bad dash solutions

Posted By: lostdog

Barracuda bad dash solutions - 01/17/18 11:37 PM

I'm not doing a restoration but I do want it to look good. What did you do on your dash ?

This is what I'm dealing with.

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: Barracuda bad dash solutions - 01/18/18 01:11 AM

E-Body = $$$$ ...and this is one of the reasons...does any one make a dash cap? Other than that be prepared to spend some coin, unless you get lucky and find a deal from someone selling an accumulated e body stash. 71 and up are a little less spendy, but 70? Ahem...

Re: Barracuda bad dash solutions - 01/18/18 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By Sixpak
E-Body = $$$$ ...and this is one of the reasons...does any one make a dash cap? Other than that be prepared to spend some coin, unless you get lucky and find a deal from someone selling an accumulated e body stash. 71 and up are a little less spendy, but 70? Ahem...

It looks like replacements are $500-$800 and up depending on where you look which isn't bad. I'm looking for a lesser expensive option that seats tight and looks clean.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Barracuda bad dash solutions - 01/18/18 01:39 AM

Get a dash cap, about $100 and from 10 feet no one can tell the difference

Re: Barracuda bad dash solutions - 01/18/18 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By cnxt
Get a dash cap, about $100 and from 10 feet no one can tell the difference

Is there a certain company you would recommend ? I've looked at them and really can't tell a difference between vendors by looking at their photos
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Barracuda bad dash solutions - 01/18/18 02:44 AM

Just keep an eye on your vin tag, providing it's still there.
Posted By: Dante

Re: Barracuda bad dash solutions - 01/18/18 02:52 AM

I think your only option is a new pad.
You have chunks of the pad missing and it also appears warped.
A dash cap is a good option if the basic structure of the pad
is fine...you can install a cap but I don't think you are going to like how it looks.
Plus you already have the pad out of the car...the hard part is done! We sell a nice ABS pad that is not crazy money that would be a good compromise.

Re: Barracuda bad dash solutions - 01/18/18 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By Dante
I think your only option is a new pad.
You have chunks of the pad missing and it also appears warped.
A dash cap is a good option if the basic structure of the pad
is fine...you can install a cap but I don't think you are going to like how it looks.
Plus you already have the pad out of the car...the hard part is done! We sell a nice ABS pad that is not crazy money that would be a good compromise.

Good points - the warpage along with missing pieces does concern me as far as how any overlay product it's going to fit. Like I said I am not doing a resto but I do want it to look good. You have 'dante's parts" ? I'll go check what you have.
Posted By: Dante

Re: Barracuda bad dash solutions - 01/18/18 02:50 PM

Here is a link to the ABS pads
ABS DASH PAD

Re: Barracuda bad dash solutions - 01/18/18 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By Dante
Here is a link to the ABS pads
ABS DASH PAD

Yes, I saw that last night. Price is good, too. Once I finish installing the firewall and repainting the dash frame I'll be ready for the dash pad. I'll be in touch. Thank you !

Re: Barracuda bad dash solutions - 01/18/18 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By buildanother
Just keep an eye on your vin tag, providing it's still there.

It's in a safe place
© 2024 Moparts Forums