Moparts

71 Plymouths, did they have 2 flasher modules?

Posted By: BarryBum

71 Plymouths, did they have 2 flasher modules? - 03/02/09 05:37 PM

I am still tracing out my turn signal problem. I bought a new flasher and replaced the one over the radio, the 4 ways still worked...they worked before though. But the turn signals still didn't work. Is there another flasher located in a different location for the turn signals? If so, where is a good place to start looking for it?
Posted By: deansrr

Re: 71 Plymouths, did they have 2 flasher modules? - 03/02/09 05:42 PM

i beleive their are 2, some had them by the glove box
Posted By: ghostrider

Re: 71 Plymouths, did they have 2 flasher modules? - 03/02/09 06:14 PM

Drove me crazy on my 71 Sebring til I discovered that in addition to the 2 flasher units there is a hot wire that goes to one of them that also goes into the radio plug and back out again. My plug was cut off by a former owner and the feed wire had not been spliced back together.
Posted By: dynamite

Re: 71 Plymouths, did they have 2 flasher modules? - 03/02/09 06:39 PM

yeah there's 2 ..look near the steering colume

Re: 71 Plymouths, did they have 2 flasher modules? - 03/02/09 07:23 PM

Quote:

Drove me crazy on my 71 Sebring til I discovered that in addition to the 2 flasher units there is a hot wire that goes to one of them that also goes into the radio plug and back out again. My plug was cut off by a former owner and the feed wire had not been spliced back together.

No kidding........dang. I'm glad you told me that. My radio is not even plugged up, I have an original am radio, but I know it doesn't work so I didn't even plug it in. I'll have to check that.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 71 Plymouths, did they have 2 flasher modules? - 03/02/09 09:12 PM

when you find it you might jump 12V to the input terminal on the can & grounding the can at the same time & see what happens, this might help you narrow down where the problem is or you might get lucky & if the can is bad R&R it & that takes care of it.
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: 71 Plymouths, did they have 2 flasher modules? - 03/03/09 12:07 AM

wiring from radio red wire at plug and to turning switch flasher is simply to don't run another wire from fuse box. They share same accesories source and fuse.

No need to have radio to make it work, is just a wire splice to feed and share the power

Emergency flasher shares the power with brakes pedal too. ( constant power at pink wire )

Once power gets to flasher, the output from flasher runs to turning switch at column ( on both cases )

Re: 71 Plymouths, did they have 2 flasher modules? - 03/03/09 03:16 AM

I looked a little bit today, but my heater ran out of fuel and I was too cold and lazy to go fill it back up. Like I said, I found the emergency flasher unit mounted to the steering column. Today, I took the glove box out and looked behind it for the other but it wasn't there. Where is the next most logical place it would be??
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 71 Plymouths, did they have 2 flasher modules? - 03/03/09 03:43 AM

Mine was clipped to the dash frame between the radio and cluster.

I have seen them behind, above, and next to the ash tray in the dash.

It's only a few screws to get behind it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums