Moparts

Where to have your dash pad restored?

Posted By: vinnyd76

Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/07/18 03:15 AM

Any recommendations on where to have a dash pad restored/recovered?
Posted By: flypaper

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/07/18 04:10 AM

https://abcmoparts.com/
Posted By: Meangreen68

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/07/18 04:20 AM

I recommend Just Dashes.

They did an incredible job on my dash pad and upper door pads for my '68 Charger.

www.JustDashes.com
Posted By: shakerjoe

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/07/18 05:53 PM

2nd for Just Dashes...💵💵💵 but I am very happy, came out perfect, fit perfect after it was done too.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/07/18 06:28 PM

What model and year??
A,B and C go to ABCMoparts
E body, Just Dashes or Fox in El Paso are your choices.

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/07/18 06:41 PM

1970 Dart GT

The Dart interior is green. I'm not sure how close the reproduction dash pad colors are to the original outside of black or white. In addition to the fit.

Attached picture IMG_3679.JPG
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/07/18 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By vinnyd76
1970 Dart GT

The Dart interior is green. I'm not sure how close the reproduction dash pad colors are to the original outside of black or white.

I have been going through this question myself with a burnt orange Challenger dash pad. For me it was Ultimate Rides vs Just Dashes. I used a UR in another Challenger of mine with a black interior, and though it's not perfect, I'm satisfied with it. And it was considerably less expensive than Just Dashes.
AFAIK, UR doesn't do colors. You can get any color you want as long as it's black, and then dye it the proper color yourself.
I talked to Just Dashes and they said they used to charge a fixed additional charge for colors other than black, but now go through a process to match the color of the customers pad they are restoring, so the charge varies from $100-$175 or something like that for colors.
The color issue, along with the issues people have had over the years dealing with Fox, made my choice to fork out the extra $$$ and go with Just Dashes. I just sent the pad off to them a week or so back and haven't heard back from them yet with my tab, but I'm looking forward to seeing it when done.
On their website, they show a dark green Challenger pad they recently restored and it looks great!
Posted By: Neil

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/07/18 07:13 PM

I sent my 70 Swinger dash pad to Just Dashes. The price was the same as buying a repo dash pad at that time. I went with my original as I know it fits.

My brother also sent a dash pad for 68 Cutlass with AC to them and it came out mint. Those are large and complex like an e-body dash pad and they did a great job on it.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/08/18 11:55 AM

ABC X 2!!
Posted By: 340wedge

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/08/18 07:10 PM

I had my pad restored by Just Dashes in 1993, fit was great and still going strong! up

Attached picture 20170918_134451.jpg
Posted By: patosmith

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/10/18 03:06 AM

Just Dashes did my 72 Challenger.
They do good work!
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/10/18 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By Mastershake340
1970 Dart GT

The Dart interior is green. I'm not sure how close the reproduction dash pad colors are to the original outside of black or white.

I have been going through this question myself with a burnt orange Challenger dash pad. For me it was Ultimate Rides vs Just Dashes. I used a UR in another Challenger of mine with a black interior, and though it's not perfect, I'm satisfied with it. And it was considerably less expensive than Just Dashes.
AFAIK, UR doesn't do colors. You can get any color you want as long as it's black, and then dye it the proper color yourself.
I talked to Just Dashes and they said they used to charge a fixed additional charge for colors other than black, but now go through a process to match the color of the customers pad they are restoring, so the charge varies from $100-$175 or something like that for colors.
The color issue, along with the issues people have had over the years dealing with Fox, made my choice to fork out the extra $$$ and go with Just Dashes. I just sent the pad off to them a week or so back and haven't heard back from them yet with my tab, but I'm looking forward to seeing it when done.
On their website, they show a dark green Challenger pad they recently restored and it looks great!

Shake,

Let me know who this turns out as I need to get a Burnt Orange Pad done also.

Also what color is the stitching on your pad?

Thanks
M

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/10/18 04:32 PM

Stitching looks burnt orange to me from pictures I have of the original dash.
I sent it out to JD 2 weeks ago via FedEx ground. I haven't heard from them yet with the cost. I wonder how long it takes them to contact a customer after they receive the dash? If I don't hear from them by the end of the week, I guess I'll give them a shout.

Attached picture Stitching dash.JPG
Posted By: challenger70

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/10/18 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By Mastershake340
Stitching looks burnt orange to me from pictures I have of the original dash.
I sent it out to JD 2 weeks ago via FedEx ground. I haven't heard from them yet with the cost. I wonder how long it takes them to contact a customer after they receive the dash? If I don't hear from them by the end of the week, I guess I'll give them a shout.

I just requested a quote, I think they were out for the holidays, probably having to catch up now.

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/10/18 04:38 PM

I called them in early December for instructions, and they told me then that they were closed the last 2 weeks of the year.
I delayed shipping my pad until the end of the year so it would arrive in Van Nuys after they got back.
I'm sure they have a bit of catching up to do when they got back to work last week.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/10/18 04:57 PM

My brother and I sent our pads together in the same box and from memory they were a little slow. I want to say it took them about a month to get them done. Pretty much like having bumpers rechromed or anything specialized that takes time to do it right. By the time you forget about them they show up.

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/10/18 05:07 PM

I think they told me ~3 months! But they said they'd call after getting my pad to tell me their cost to do the work, and to get authorization/payment.
Posted By: shawge

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/11/18 01:29 AM

JD will charge ~$1250 to recover a 70 E-body dash in black. $40 to buy/apply the script, $80 to add 2 side speakers for a 3 speaker convert. Shipping will depend on where you live, example $135 to get it to PDX.

Send a check to avoid getting charged an extra 3% for CC.

3 months turnaround is what I was told. Sent mine in last Nov, getting it end of Jan.
Posted By: NortheastMopar

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/16/18 03:03 AM

Here is mine from just dashes. did an excellent job. took a while to hear from them and gave my go ahead, and then a few weeks to get the shipment back home. Could not be happier.

Attached picture IMG_5432.JPG
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/16/18 03:46 PM

Any recommendations on where to have a dash pad restored/recovered?

Give ABC from ABC a call

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/16/18 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By NortheastMopar
Here is mine from just dashes. did an excellent job. took a while to hear from them and gave my go ahead, and then a few weeks to get the shipment back home. Could not be happier.

Did you opt for their extra charge plated Challenger emblem option?
I FedExed my Challenger dash pad out there a few days before New Years eve. I hadn't heard from them and was starting to worry if it got there. I left them a message late last week and they emailed me later they'd got it, and will be contacting me within 7-10 days. I know getting a plated Challenger emblem is a $40-45 option I need to decide. Does it look good, or should I just use a chrome paint pen to detail the emblem after I get my pad back?
Posted By: NortheastMopar

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/16/18 06:20 PM

Hi,
Yes I got the challenger emblem in chrome and installed. Looks awesome. I think it born with chrome but faded? Also, it took them several weeks to open and evaluate my dash before contacting me with the prices to do it. This is my second ebody dash and they do a great job.

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/16/18 06:26 PM

Thanks, I think I will go for that.
I think originally the emblems had a silver paint that wore off or faded away pretty quickly.
I have a Ultimate Rides pad on my T/A, and they plate the emblems standard with their restorations. It may not be 100% OE correct, but it looks great!

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/18/18 09:29 PM

Finally got an invoice from Just Dashes in my email yesterday.
$1250, an extra $150 to match my burnt orange, and $45 for a new Challenger emblem. Then $145 for the trip back home to me near Chicago. And an extra 3% if you pay by credit card (though they do provide a nice feature on their checkout page to pay by an E check from your checking account.
They scheduled production in the last week of March so I won't get it back until some time in April.
Not cheap or fast, but as my late dad used to say, the pleasure remains after the price is forgotten, and I'm sure I'll be very happy with it when it's done!
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 01/20/18 06:59 AM

Just Dashes did a 65 Plymouth Sport Fury Dash pad for us, turned out beautiful, exact color match too. Make sure you follow their recommendations for dash pad care and cleaning. I would/will use them again. I have also used ABCMopars, nice guy and nice products.

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 02/06/18 11:58 PM

Anyone heard of Ultimate Rides in Texas for dash pad recovering? If so, are they still in business? Any thoughts on pricing/service, etc...?
Posted By: BDW

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 02/07/18 12:27 AM

I would never buy from UR unless I could see it in person.
Their quality control sux! I had to send back 3 dashes and settled on the 4th.
I would have been SOL if I had bought direct from them, would never answer emails until the distributor got involved.
It was a group buy on another site.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 02/07/18 01:12 AM

https://abcmoparts.com/
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Where to have your dash pad restored? - 02/07/18 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By 71rm23
ABC X 2!!

DITTO!!! up
© 2024 Moparts Forums