Moparts

A/C & Heater box seals

Posted By: Charger69RT8

A/C & Heater box seals - 01/01/18 11:37 PM

What to use when your rebuilding A/C & heater box for one of the less popular cars. In my case, this project is a 1989 Dodge Daytona. I was able to get all of the needed parts, but nothing for all the foam seals, of which most are shot.

Internet searches have been pretty much a bust. Classic Auto Air, Vintage Air, & Original Air don't show any foam seal material. Just kits for specific cars. Home Depot, Lowes, etc have various open cell stuff, but nothing that seems to me would fit the need and last.

Tips, ideas, experiences needed please. Thanks.
Posted By: Shoozy

Re: A/C & Heater box seals - 01/01/18 11:48 PM

DMT period. Jim has frequently made up and added hard to find items.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: A/C & Heater box seals - 01/02/18 12:22 AM

DMT?
Posted By: Neil

Re: A/C & Heater box seals - 01/02/18 12:57 AM

Detroit Muscle Technologies.

https://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/
Posted By: 71TA

Re: A/C & Heater box seals - 01/02/18 01:35 AM

I need to get one of those heater boxes to create a rebuild gasket set. A G Body right? Know where I can get one?

I made a couple pieces for a guy with a Shadow (P Body). All he wanted were the thick foam seals to seal the heater box to the firewall. These pieces probably arent the same.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: A/C & Heater box seals - 01/02/18 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By Neil
Detroit Muscle Technologies.

https://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/

up
Posted By: a12rag

Re: A/C & Heater box seals - 01/02/18 02:01 AM

DMT . . . . absolutely !!! That is what I used on my a/c car - 70 sport satellite - wonderful perfect fit stuff !!!
Posted By: Charger69RT8

Re: A/C & Heater box seals - 01/02/18 04:02 AM

Well I see DMT comes with good recommendations. They have no kits either, but I see on the website they do have the materials. I will be contacting you in the morning.

Thanks again all!

Yes a G body. I only have the one I'm rebuilding.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: A/C & Heater box seals - 01/02/18 05:21 AM

71TA = DMT

I think they makenice stuff. I have four trucks and four cars using DMT gaskets inside and out.

They even make cab light gaskets. : )
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: A/C & Heater box seals - 01/02/18 08:01 AM

Yep. Jim's gaskets are all over my 70 Coronet, including my AC box. Seriously, you should give prizes for the most disgusting AC box contents. Mine was insanity. nervous
© 2024 Moparts Forums