Moparts

Wheels for the slicks

Posted By: dynamite

Wheels for the slicks - 12/24/17 06:18 PM

Where can I get wheels , the size and off set that I need for the slicks..I know Summit and Jegs sell wheels but I gotta get the off needed.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Wheels for the slicks - 12/24/17 06:58 PM

would be nice to have a little more information.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Wheels for the slicks - 12/24/17 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By stumpy
would be nice to have a little more information.
up iagree
What year car, size of slicks and which width wheels do you want information on?
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Wheels for the slicks - 12/24/17 08:01 PM

maybe ask in the drag race forum

drag wheels might be different than ROAD RACE wheels
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Wheels for the slicks - 12/24/17 08:49 PM

wheels.com
Posted By: dynamite

Re: Wheels for the slicks - 12/24/17 09:56 PM

thanks for the replies guys.. didn't think TO give the specs .. I just needed a manufacture to contact ..I guess I could use 15 or 16 inch wheels , 5 0n 4.5 I will try wheels inc..
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Wheels for the slicks - 12/25/17 05:13 AM

I used wheels made by Bassett from Summit. I got the IMCA five spoke Inertia light wheels.

Gus beer
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Wheels for the slicks - 12/26/17 09:47 PM

Car, springs, rear housing, rear brake type, and tire size are all factors in what will or wont fit. Nearly any manufacturer may have off the shelf versions that fit, but if you have changed any of these items from stock, then you may have to modify the wheel requirements. I doubt even a very knowledgeable wheel manufacturer will know as much about any particular mopar combo and wheels that may or may not fit than the people in these forums.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Wheels for the slicks - 12/29/17 04:31 PM

Finding someone with a similar car body and suspension mods to what you have will help. Otherwise, find any wheel/tire combo to establish a baseline and add/subtract width & offset to see what range will fit.

* Use the widest wheel that will fit the slick. Wider wheels allow more air pressure which helps maintain a flat footprint and firmer, longer lasting sidewalls. (i.e.: 10" wide rim with 9" slicks.)

* You have to take into account the width of the tire sidewall bulge for spring & inner/outer fender clearance. Wider wheels will increase that measurement over what is "standard" in tire specs.

* Watch tire diameter clearance.

* The widest variety of slicks are for 15" wheels.
© 2024 Moparts Forums