Moparts

'67 b-body hood interchange

Posted By: fal3

'67 b-body hood interchange - 12/11/17 05:05 PM

I've a '67 GTX. Need clarification for hood exchanges. Did a search on Moparts, and the info claims a 66-67 Coronet, Charger, Belvedere, or Satellite hoods will interchange. Some members replied that a 68-70 hood will interchange, but there was a difference of opinion as to whether that would actually work w/o major surgery to make the hood fit. I just want to take off my original hood and swap in another hood. The purpose is I want to install a hood scoop and do not want to cut up my original hood. A google search just took me to either vendors selling hoods or posts that had little to no info of help; FBO was of no use when I visited their site.
Posted By: buildanother

Re: '67 b-body hood interchange - 12/11/17 05:09 PM

I thought the 67 plymouth belvedere, satellite and gtx hoods were by the selves, with possibly 66 too.
Posted By: markz528

Re: '67 b-body hood interchange - 12/11/17 05:38 PM

Dodge and Plymouth are way different so coronet and charger won't work.
Posted By: fal3

Re: '67 b-body hood interchange - 12/13/17 05:00 PM

Ok, nobody seems to know about interchange. Let's take another route. Can someone recommend a vendor that makes a quality metal hood for a '67 b-body? Seems to be a lot of choices for most popular Mopars, but limited choices for the year '67.
Posted By: crlush

Re: '67 b-body hood interchange - 12/13/17 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By fal3
Ok, nobody seems to know about interchange. Let's take another route. Can someone recommend a vendor that makes a quality metal hood for a '67 b-body? Seems to be a lot of choices for most popular Mopars, but limited choices for the year '67.

Nobody that I know of. Like said before the plymouth and dodge hoods are totaly different in the front.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: '67 b-body hood interchange - 12/13/17 07:32 PM

66 Coronet hoods are different than 67, but will work. Can't imagine it wouldn't "fit", may just not look right because of design nuances.
Posted By: rapom

Re: '67 b-body hood interchange - 12/13/17 08:07 PM

I used a 66 coronet hood on my 67 coronet and it fit perfect. Not sure about the 66-67 charger hoods but they look like they would work.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: '67 b-body hood interchange - 12/13/17 10:35 PM

'67 Coronet and Belvedere hoods are different. Check how the front lip is formed, Coronet turns straight down, Beledvere turns down, then back, which makes for a place to hold moisture for rust. Clean Coronet hoods are easier to find.

To answer your question, you will need a '66 or '67 Belvedere hood. Check for rust on the front lip pinch welds, if rust free, rest of hood should be good.

IIRC, there is another difference between '66 and '67 Belvedere hoods (if not the hood, then the trunk lid). One of the holes for the 'Plymouth' emblems are in a different location.
Posted By: Bull1tt

Re: '67 b-body hood interchange - 12/14/17 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By fal3
I've a '67 GTX. Need clarification for hood exchanges. Did a search on Moparts, and the info claims a 66-67 Coronet, Charger, Belvedere, or Satellite hoods will interchange. Some members replied that a 68-70 hood will interchange, but there was a difference of opinion as to whether that would actually work w/o major surgery to make the hood fit. I just want to take off my original hood and swap in another hood. The purpose is I want to install a hood scoop and do not want to cut up my original hood. A google search just took me to either vendors selling hoods or posts that had little to no info of help; FBO was of no use when I visited their site.

The ONLY hoods that will interchange for your car are 1966 and 1967 Plymouth b-body. Period! You need to find one of these to put a scoop on.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: '67 b-body hood interchange - 12/15/17 10:50 AM

Have you considered a fiberglass hood?

Talk to Larry "The Glass Man" here on Moparts.
The Glass Man

His contact info from a post a few years ago on here, Not sure if it's current.
sledcity@aol.com or call 1-614-875-0369
© 2024 Moparts Forums