Moparts

Looking for nuetral safety wiring diagram for 1972 Demon

Posted By: moparfan

Looking for nuetral safety wiring diagram for 1972 Demon - 12/04/17 10:20 PM

4 speed. I don't have a service manual and unable to locate anything on line. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Looking for nuetral safety wiring diagram for 1972 Demon - 12/04/17 11:07 PM

see if the diagrams at www.mymopar.com have something
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Looking for nuetral safety wiring diagram for 1972 Demon - 12/04/17 11:57 PM

Are you running a clutch pedal switch? If not then just ground the ground terminal on the starter relay or buy a starter relay for a standard trans. It will have a built in ground. If you have a clutch switch then you ground one terminal from the switch and wire the other terminal to the starter relay ground terminal.

Re: Looking for nuetral safety wiring diagram for 1972 Demon - 12/05/17 12:47 AM

Its a factory 4 speed car and am putting a 4 speed back in it. When I removed the 4 speed prior I ran a wire from the starter relay thru the switch on the shifter. I assumed it worked with the 4 speed prior but don't know for sure and can't remember what I did so was going to trace wires.

I didn't crawl up under the dash all the way to see if there is a switch on the pedal, I assume there is.

I want to race the car some so I need it to work plus seems like the right thing to do anyway.

Re: Looking for nuetral safety wiring diagram for 1972 Demon - 12/05/17 12:52 AM

I did find it on the link you sent Robert, thanks
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Looking for nuetral safety wiring diagram for 1972 Demon - 12/05/17 03:00 AM

It's more of a clutch engagement switch rather than a neutral safety switch. It's located off of the clutch pedal.

Re: Looking for nuetral safety wiring diagram for 1972 Demon - 12/05/17 04:44 AM

Thanks Morty, that's what I assumed, didn't word it very well. clutch has to be in to start car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums