Moparts

Traction controll. Custom settings?

Posted By: ledft79

Traction controll. Custom settings? - 11/27/17 08:38 PM

2013 Challenger. Is there any way to reset the traction control so it is automatically off until I press the button to turn it on rather than press it to turn it off? I would much rather have the traction control turned off 99.9% of the time.
Posted By: ChryCoGuy

Re: Traction controll. Custom settings? - 11/29/17 11:24 PM

I don't imagine it would be set up by the manufacturer to be able to do that due to liability issues.

That said, I don't know if it's possible to get into the system using an aftermarket tuner?

These are just guesses by me as I have no experience with those cars. I'm sure that someone here or on one of the LX forums would be able to tell you for sure.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Traction controll. Custom settings? - 11/30/17 02:30 AM

I always thought it was backwards too. Of course the average idiot would NEVER turn it on, so they would complain about the gas mileage and probably burn up the trans and engine... eyes
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Traction controll. Custom settings? - 11/30/17 04:56 AM

I know the Wrangler has a procedure for permanently turning off the traction control, have you scoured the internet for something similar?
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Traction controll. Custom settings? - 11/30/17 09:46 AM

Try the owners manual as well. My '04 Dodge lets me do all kinds of things with the seat belts and key fobs and stuff.
Posted By: rattler

Re: Traction controll. Custom settings? - 12/01/17 03:23 AM

It's the same way with the exhaust brake on my 2011 Ram . I have to turn it on everytime I start the truck. I don't see why it would hurt for it to stay on.

Re: Traction controll. Custom settings? - 12/22/17 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By Dave Hall
Try the owners manual as well. My '04 Dodge lets me do all kinds of things with the seat belts and key fobs and stuff.
No owners manual with the car

Re: Traction controll. Custom settings? - 12/22/17 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By GoodysGotaCuda
I know the Wrangler has a procedure for permanently turning off the traction control, have you scoured the internet for something similar?
I've usually had better luck sourcing moparts members. A very helpful batch of people here.
© 2024 Moparts Forums