Moparts

What's wrong with this picture? (Challenger convert resto)

Posted By: Triggerfish

What's wrong with this picture? (Challenger convert resto) - 11/27/17 04:32 AM

Thought I'd post this for a friend who'se restoring a 70 Challenger convert & was puzzeled by the double rear seat bottom mount clip & the rear seat belt mount. Which seat mount should he remove & is something funky with the seatbelt mount, too? Thanks.

Attached picture 1.JPG
Attached picture 2.jpg
Posted By: kenz

Re: What's wrong with this picture? (Challenger convert resto) - 11/27/17 05:14 AM

My 71 Challenger convertible is exactly the same as your pics.
Posted By: 1971 Gran Coupe

Re: What's wrong with this picture? (Challenger convert resto) - 11/27/17 07:46 AM

Mine is the same, has 2 sets of clips. I was told once that all floors came with the seat clips for a hard top and the second set was added on the line for the verts, hence the wire welded clips vs spot welded and 2 on each side. twocents

I wouldn't remove any of them, that is the way it rolled off the line.
Posted By: Triggerfish

Re: What's wrong with this picture? (Challenger convert resto) - 11/27/17 08:11 AM

Thanks much for the info & I'll relay that to my friend. Its a 6 cyl convert that's on its way to being a Hemi clone.
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: What's wrong with this picture? (Challenger convert resto) - 11/27/17 12:55 PM

Your friend could not buy one of the many E Body Convertible Hemi Clones that have been for sale over the last few years. You do not see many Slant Six E Bodies anymore but now a days it is all about the Value of a Mopar at the end of a restoration.
Posted By: Gavin

Re: What's wrong with this picture? (Challenger convert resto) - 12/04/17 02:31 PM

Yep, that's how they came, mine too....
Posted By: ChallengerGary

Re: What's wrong with this picture? (Challenger convert resto) - 12/04/17 06:23 PM

Seen it on all 6 convertible Challengers I have owned in the past as well
Posted By: chargervert

Re: What's wrong with this picture? (Challenger convert resto) - 12/04/17 06:41 PM

I believe this is due to the wheelbase difference between Challenger and Barracuda convertibles. Challengers are 2 inches longer. Challengers use one,and Barracudas use the other to clip the backseat in.
Posted By: ns1aar

Re: What's wrong with this picture? (Challenger convert resto) - 12/04/17 07:39 PM

My 70 cuda vert only has the one attached towards the rear
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: What's wrong with this picture? (Challenger convert resto) - 12/04/17 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By hemicar1971
Your friend could not buy one of the many E Body Convertible Hemi Clones that have been for sale over the last few years. You do not see many Slant Six E Bodies anymore but now a days it is all about the Value of a Mopar at the end of a restoration.

Very true but my thought is he can probably build his car for 1/3? of what he would have to pay for someone elses clone. work

Tim
© 2024 Moparts Forums