Moparts

71' RR rear quarters

Posted By: CurYellowBird

71' RR rear quarters - 02/28/09 10:29 PM

Does anyone out there know if any company has started re-popping rear quarters for 71' Roadrunners? I spoke to a buddy who owns a local body shop called Paint Shop 101 and he says it'll take 3 months before he has access to them. I'm curious if anyone out there has seen a company selling them? Thanks.
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: 71' RR rear quarters - 02/28/09 11:09 PM

http://www.autometaldirect.com/content-page-117-Bbody.html

I saw the '72's and they are really nice. I believe the 71's are done by now...
Posted By: birdboy

Re: 71' RR rear quarters - 03/01/09 12:22 AM

every time i call them its the same answer. another 6 weeks.

Re: 71' RR rear quarters - 03/01/09 05:22 AM

We tried contacting them before and got the same response as well. They told us it would take 3 months before they started selling. Wonder why its taking so long?
Posted By: CtownChris

Re: 71' RR rear quarters - 03/01/09 03:05 PM

Gary from G-Series 71Wingedcars said something to the effect on www.roadrunnernest.com last Dec he has front and rear valences and they were good. He was also looking at dutch panel, trunk floor,and extension were good to go from his post.

Quarters are due shortly for final fit.

This from Dec 08.

I take it Gary has some connection with AMD for final fitment clearance.
Posted By: Butterscotch71

Re: 71' RR rear quarters - 03/01/09 06:39 PM

Quote:

We tried contacting them before and got the same response as well. They told us it would take 3 months before they started selling. Wonder why its taking so long?

Because they want to make sure they get them right...so they don't have the quality and fit issues that other manufacturers have.

Re: 71' RR rear quarters - 03/02/09 05:38 AM

Yes you do have a point there since they're going to cost around $700 for one quarter. I would have thought that as popular as the B bodies are they would have re-popped those a long time ago when Barret Jackson and Overhaulin cause the public to think their cars were gold. Now, for example, people are trying to sell Dodge Darts with slant 318's for almost 6 to 7k. The reason I say that is because I was going to buy a 69' Dart for 5k that was in rough shape before i got lucky with my 71' RR find. And I only paid 7500 for my RR that has way more rare options than that Dart. Darts were never that much back in the 90's. Now with the economy sinking in a rut, who knows what could happen. I just found out the other day Crane Cams shut down, so my concern is if the status of the economy is going to put a major drawback on the production date for these parts.
Posted By: CtownChris

Re: 71' RR rear quarters - 03/02/09 11:18 AM

Lets hope since the R&D is done that they stamp a few hundred at least. They won't recover any investment if they don't sell any.
It seems they are very close to having them ready to go.
Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: 71' RR rear quarters - 03/02/09 05:21 PM

Quote:

people are trying to sell Dodge Darts with slant 318's for almost 6 to 7k.

I have never heard of a slant 318 before??
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 71' RR rear quarters - 03/02/09 05:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe that's why the price ... VERY RARE ....

Re: 71' RR rear quarters - 03/02/09 05:56 PM

My bad that was a really bad typo lol. I meant to say slant 6's and 318's.
Posted By: imfixinmopars426

Re: 71' RR rear quarters - 03/02/09 08:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe that's why the price ... VERY RARE ....

i had a ""slant 318"" once when i did a "hillybilly" launch,and the motor mount broke,lol.
ie; wikapedia says; hillybilly launch =consists of rev'ing the engine to valve float..for awhile,and sidestepping the clutch..and repeat until satisfactory results are found.
© 2024 Moparts Forums