Moparts

Glass, tint or no tint?

Posted By: busboy

Glass, tint or no tint? - 11/15/17 09:51 PM

I see glass kits offered in clear and green or grey tint. Anyone have any experience with the quality/fitment of these? I'm leaning towards a tint, were the original tints green or grey? I bought my metal from AMD, very happy with it, they also offer a glass kit that looks pretty good.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Glass, tint or no tint? - 11/15/17 10:01 PM

I believe the factory ones leaned more towards the green. Tinted glass is always good IMO. In California anyway...
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Glass, tint or no tint? - 11/15/17 10:06 PM

I don’t care for tinted glass on these cars. AMD glass is good quality.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Glass, tint or no tint? - 11/15/17 10:06 PM

I believe AC cars came with tinted glass.
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: Glass, tint or no tint? - 11/15/17 10:16 PM

The '69 Coronet I had with A/C had green tint on side and rear windows and a strip along the top of the windshield.
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: Glass, tint or no tint? - 11/15/17 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By Supercuda
I believe AC cars came with tinted glass.

Not automatically. They were stand-alone options. Tint was recommended with a/c, but not mandatory.
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: Glass, tint or no tint? - 11/16/17 02:37 PM

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure tinted glass and heavy duty cooling were included with factory air in at least '68 and '69.
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Glass, tint or no tint? - 11/16/17 05:01 PM

I got all the tinted AMD glass for my '70 'Cuda during the restoration a few years ago. They had just recently made the side glass available at that time. I had an issue with the fitment of the first shipped door glass not fitting properly.

They shipped a corrected shape replacement set for no charge, and told me to toss the bad ones. Great customer service.

I then took all the glass including the front windshield to the best window tinter in our area, and had him tint all the glass with their lightest high quality 3M film. It blocks something like 98% of all UV light from the car. I am very happy with the way the glass looks and the end result.

Attached picture Cuda 2 (Medium).jpg
Posted By: BDW

Re: Glass, tint or no tint? - 11/17/17 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By Dave Hall
I believe the factory ones leaned more towards the green. Tinted glass is always good IMO. In California anyway...

Same here in FL, I'd never consider not having tinted glass
Posted By: busboy

Re: Glass, tint or no tint? - 11/17/17 02:37 AM

Thanks for the replys all, green tint it is. Very cool looking Cuda jbc426, nice ride up
© 2024 Moparts Forums