Moparts

Z bar and clutch fork problems 70 road runner

Posted By: Kevlisa

Z bar and clutch fork problems 70 road runner - 10/18/17 01:26 AM

I'm having a problem with the Z bar/clutch rod/clutch fork on my 70 road runner. I'm 99% sure the bellhousing, fork, Z bar and clutch rod are the correct parts but I can't get the rod to line up with the fork. Can anybody supply some photos of their setup? I used the lower hole for the ball stub in the bellhousing. The upper hole seems to knock the Z bar out of whack. The lower hole sets the Z bar too low to line up with the fork. Any suggestions or photos are much appreciated.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Z bar and clutch fork problems 70 road runner - 10/18/17 05:07 AM

Got the z-bar in end for end ?? Straight bracket for the pedal rod, bent bracket for the fork rod.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Z bar and clutch fork problems 70 road runner - 10/18/17 10:00 AM

Does it all look like this?

Attached picture Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 12.59.19 AM.png
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Z bar and clutch fork problems 70 road runner - 10/18/17 06:08 PM

Go to the Brewer site and compare your parts to theirs.

http://www.brewersperformance.com/category10.php
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Z bar and clutch fork problems 70 road runner - 10/18/17 08:46 PM

Without seeing the actual parts, hard to understand the problem...
I have a 70 RR and had an alignment issue with the clutch rod pushing the fork. I took my Z-bar over to our local Mopar guru, who then pulled out (3) different Z-bars all of the same width so they would all mount the same.. The difference was the location of the tab for connecting to the clutch rod. The proper Z-bar had the tab closest to the engine side so then the rod would push straight back to the fork not at an angle...

I have had the RR for 17 years but sometime in its previous life someone had swapped out the Z-bar installing the wrong one.

Just my $0.02... wink
Posted By: Kevlisa

Re: Z bar and clutch fork problems 70 road runner - 10/19/17 02:38 AM

Thanks for the input. I think I have it figured out. The bracket that the clutch fork mounts to is in the wrong set of holes. I have to move it. Should fix the problem by lowering the fork. My bellhousing and Z bar are the correct parts.
© 2024 Moparts Forums