Moparts

Converting to a white interior...

Posted By: Mad_Scientist

Converting to a white interior... - 02/27/09 07:37 PM

I am thinking of converting my blue interior to complete white, but I want to get an idea of what all would need to be changed out. Obviously, the door panels and seat covers, but what other parts are actually white? What parts are black? What parts would be body color?

Any help that you could provide would help to get me started on my new project. Thanks.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 02/27/09 07:43 PM

And the type of car is????????

If it's your Superbee then pretty much everything but the dash and carpet needs to be white. I think the seatbelts need to be black also.

No body color inside the car.

ANDY 440's website has some pictures of white interior cars so maybe that will help out.

http://www.andy440.com/
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 02/27/09 08:34 PM

Dash and carpet = black. Everything else = white.

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 02/27/09 08:45 PM

69 Super Bee

I have a wood grain steering wheel. Would the horn cap be black or white?

The actual metal part of the dash would be the satin black?

My door is body color on my car right now. If I have it painted white, would I just have it taped off white from a line where the weatherstripping is then have body color?
Posted By: rrunner

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 02/27/09 10:01 PM

Are you doing the dash black or leaving it blue? Here is my 68 RR. If you are going with the blue I would think all the red on mine would be blue on yours.

Attached picture 5057696-roadrunner050.jpg
Posted By: gamagoat6x6

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 02/27/09 10:08 PM

My `68 runner (B5) with decor package had blue on the metal parts of the doors and on the panel under the 1/4 windows but it wasn`t body color blue, it was lighter. All the window trim, dash, wheel, horn pad, headliner, visors and package tray were blue. White door panels, seats and arm rest pads. The carpet was black but that`s because it was a four speed.
This was a 14,000 mile car back in `72 so I know no one had played with it.
Posted By: gamagoat6x6

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 02/27/09 10:12 PM

I also had a `70 runner convert (B5) with white interior and the metal part on the doors was white but I heard that was only a convertible thing. The paint line between the blue/white was under the weatherstrip.

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 02/28/09 04:33 PM

I plan on changing the color of the car to orange, and the blue on the dash won't match.

Should the metal on the dash be painted satin black, or a satin orange?

So the top of the door should be the body color for a hardtop and not white?
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 02/28/09 05:58 PM

Quote:

+ console and rear package tray.

However some 3rd gens Chargers were ALL white but brownish and plushy carpet. I have seen some 71/74 Plymouths B bodies with white everything around too.

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 02/28/09 08:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

+ console and rear package tray.

+ Kick panels and a piller trim
Posted By: mopargem

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 02/28/09 11:26 PM

My 69 Coronet R/T B5 blue I recently traded away was two tone B7 and white. Everything was blue except the seats and door panels.

Attached picture 5060187-CoronetResto057(Small).jpg
Posted By: Dante

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 02/28/09 11:32 PM

Not necessarily. Kicks will match the carpet and dash frame.
Posted By: 6superbee9

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 02/28/09 11:54 PM

I think the seat hinge covers are white too.
Posted By: cdp

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 03/01/09 12:07 AM

The upper/lower door frame color is optional on some colors and also based on the outside color. Orange cars could have had a black or white door frame.

My 69 A12 RR is a white buckets/door panels and door frame, but the headliner, sail panels moldings, sun visors, seat belts, etc are all BLACK and the car is R4 red.

I purchased the car from the original owner last year and started the resto.

My 68 GTX Convertible is also a white door frame and interior car, but the carpet, dash, mouldings are maroon. The back seat panels and the boot cover sheet metal is white as well as the boot. Strangly, the top and stripes are black. Gotta love the 4 colors.
Posted By: topside

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 03/01/09 12:43 AM

'68 & '69 white interiors differed, with the '68s not having white door or quarter metal, but the accent color instead. In '69 those areas were changed to white. A '68 headliner would be white, '69 black, with matching moldings at side & back glass. Dash, A-pillar, belts, carpet, kick panels, column, horn pad, package tray & console match the accent color both years. Both my white interior cars had black accent - '68 Charger & '69 Roadrunner.
I don't know of any separate option code for door/quarter color. A '68 GTX white interior/white metal would make sense as an option code, a convertible deviation, or if the RS models were trimmed differently from RM & RP.

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 03/01/09 01:53 AM

Quote:

Correct, and he plans on black from what I gathered. I was speaking in terms of what he would need.
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 03/01/09 05:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Correct, and he plans on black from what I gathered. I was speaking in terms of what he would need.

welll on 3rd gens Chargers kick and pillars where white, HOWEVER, I have seen some, specially earliers in that way... dunno if from factory or changed
Posted By: AdamR

Re: Converting to a white interior... - 03/01/09 01:44 PM

Im not sure with B body but 71 Darts with white interior got white seat covers, White door panels and white arm rests. Everything else was black.
© 2024 Moparts Forums