Moparts

Greasable LCA Pivot Shaft & Bushing?

Posted By: polaraholic

Greasable LCA Pivot Shaft & Bushing? - 10/14/17 11:35 PM

Has anybody used greasable lower control arm bushings and pivot shafts?
What are your thoughts on them?
I have a k-frame for my 64 Polara and thought I had all new or restored parts to put the whole suspension together. I can only find one new original pivot shaft & bushing. I see on ebay someone has a greasable set and wondered if they are any good.
The grease zert is in the threaded end of the shaft.

Also does anybody have a diagram of how offset upper control arm bushings are installed?

Thanks
Posted By: ahy

Re: Greasable LCA Pivot Shaft & Bushing? - 10/15/17 12:09 AM

I run the Firm Feel greasable LCA pivot. Run hard and works fine. I am sure you know the "greasable" type is for poly bushings. It won't work with rubber bushings. With poly LCA bushings, every part and dimension needs to be right on target or you can get movement at the LCA pivot. Adjustable strut rods may be needed to keep everything snug. Rubber is more forgiving in this area.

Suggest you check out Firm Feel. They probably have the standard pins. If you want greasable, I would trust their stuff.
Posted By: polaraholic

Re: Greasable LCA Pivot Shaft & Bushing? - 10/15/17 12:17 AM

I've had a hard time finding a stock shaft for a 64. I don't know what other years will fit them.

bow I googled how to install the upper bushings and it referenced me to moparts.org so I found it. bow
Posted By: BDW

Re: Greasable LCA Pivot Shaft & Bushing? - 10/15/17 03:34 AM

Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Greasable LCA Pivot Shaft & Bushing? - 10/15/17 06:49 AM

Zert fittings or Zerk ?
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: Greasable LCA Pivot Shaft & Bushing? - 10/17/17 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By Frankenduster
Zert fittings or Zerk ?
Zerk, See:
https://www.saeproducts.com/grease-fitti...AYaAvjnEALw_wcB
Posted By: dart4forte