Moparts

A body gas tanks.

Posted By: Not_A_Duster

A body gas tanks. - 06/05/08 04:15 PM

Is there a difference between the tanks on a duster/demon with dual exhaust as opposed to single?
Posted By: bigsbigelow

Re: A body gas tanks. - 06/05/08 04:15 PM

Nope
Posted By: Not_A_Duster

Re: A body gas tanks. - 06/05/08 04:16 PM

Hmmm - didn't think so - muffler shop is trying to tell me there is...

Thanks.
Posted By: doctor_mopar

Re: A body gas tanks. - 06/05/08 04:17 PM

No difference in the tank ! The dual exaust is just very tricky to bend the tailpipes properly to get around the tank. It takes a good shop to bend them.
Posted By: Dart 340

Re: A body gas tanks. - 06/05/08 04:24 PM

Quote:

No difference in the tank ! The dual exaust is just very tricky to bend the tailpipes properly to get around the tank. It takes a good shop to bend them.

Oh yea, it's a close fit. My passenger side ever so
slightly hits the pipe and an air shock. It's all
a close fit on A bodies.
Posted By: W5Duster436

Re: A body gas tanks. - 06/05/08 04:39 PM

Quote:

I am wanting to put 3" on my duster and wondered how tight it would be. Friend got it on his '70 swinger so I assumed it would work on mine too.
Posted By: bigsbigelow

Re: A body gas tanks. - 06/05/08 05:00 PM

Anything can be done. With a little creative thinking, of course.
Posted By: Dart 340

Re: A body gas tanks. - 06/05/08 05:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I am wanting to put 3" on my duster and wondered how tight it would be. Friend got it on his '70 swinger so I assumed it would work on mine too.

3" seems a little large unless you have lots of ponies under the hood, or like the sound.
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: A body gas tanks. - 06/06/08 02:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

3" seems a little large unless you have lots of ponies under the hood, or like the sound.

That said, I do have TTI's 3" full exhaust on my Duster and it fit very well.
Posted By: W5Duster436

Re: A body gas tanks. - 06/06/08 12:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

11.25:1, comp solid .590 lift, ported x-heads, m-1 intake, supercomp headers and a 4spd. It should do okay with 3" I am guessing, or at least I hope so.
© 2024 Moparts Forums