Moparts

New Tires on DD:

Posted By: Sunroofcuda

New Tires on DD: - 10/07/17 01:20 AM

Just ordered in tires a day ago for my 2014 Chrysler 300 - some Firestones. I had them installed today & they really felt pumped-up so I checked the pressure when I got home. The installer had them inflated to 43-44 lbs. I always thought the rule was around 32 psi for a regular set of tires on a car, so I adjusted them all down to 35 psi.

What do you guys keep your daily driver tires inflated to?
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: New Tires on DD: - 10/07/17 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By Sunroofcuda
Just ordered in tires a day ago for my 2014 Chrysler 300 - some Firestones. I had them installed today & they really felt pumped-up so I checked the pressure when I got home. The installer had them inflated to 43-44 lbs. I always thought the rule was around 32 psi for a regular set of tires on a car, so I adjusted them all down to 35 psi.

What do you guys keep your daily driver tires inflated to?

The rule is to inflate them at the PSI specified on the door jamb sticker.
Posted By: topside

Re: New Tires on DD: - 10/07/17 01:40 AM

I typically run 32 PSI in most of the cars, generally sticking to the higher #s posted on the sidewalls. Some combinations of tread & rim width want more or less to get the full footprint, so I've run as high as 40 in some cases.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: New Tires on DD: - 10/07/17 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By topside
I typically run 32 PSI in most of the cars, generally sticking to the higher #s posted on the sidewalls. Some combinations of tread & rim width want more or less to get the full footprint, so I've run as high as 40 in some cases.

I assume stock sizes on stock rims on a DD, which means stock PSI, aka door jamb sticker.
Posted By: ahy

Re: New Tires on DD: - 10/07/17 01:54 AM

I generally run 35 psi minimum. Or the door jamb pressure if higher (usually not).

More pressure if running fast or heavy. I do watch wear patterns... I have not seen evidence of excess center wear at 35 psi on DD's.

I also have found tire stores inflate high. After past issues with low inflation on Explorers I guess they want to be "safe" from a liability perspective.

I like to get the car home after tire service, let it cool, and adjust pressure as I think you have.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: New Tires on DD: - 10/07/17 02:55 AM

I really like DDs, especially firm ones.
Posted By: YO7_A66

Re: New Tires on DD: - 10/07/17 03:25 AM

I just had a set of Kumho XL's mounted last week at my local Firestone. I have used them for five sets of tires and they usually set the tire psi to what is on the door. This set they had them all at 40psi and I felt it on the drive home. After a quick couple of chalk tests, I lowered the pressure down to 36 front and 34 rear.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: New Tires on DD: - 10/07/17 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By 71birdJ68
I really like DDs, especially firm ones.

Har-de-harr-harr! Honey, if I told you you had beautiful DD's, would you hold it against me?
© 2024 Moparts Forums