Moparts

340 Six Pack Carb part ID

Posted By: LemonTwiist

340 Six Pack Carb part ID - 10/05/17 01:58 AM

The center carb will not fill the bowl with gas. Both outboard carbs are getting fuel. I can manually fill the bowl through the sight screw and is runs until the gas is gone, then stops. At first I thought the float was stuck so I took the carb apart and this part fell out of the bowl when I opened it. I don't recognize it and I don't know if it belongs in there. It is plastic, but I don't see anything like it in the rebuild kit or the diagram. the float moves freely so it's not the float. Ant ideas as to what it is and where it goes and what it does?

Attached picture 100_3308.jpg
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: 340 Six Pack Carb part ID - 10/05/17 02:39 AM

Looks like a bowl vent cover, originals were metal, some replacements are plastic.
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: 340 Six Pack Carb part ID - 10/05/17 02:59 AM

This is an old picture. Gasket goes over it.

Attached picture 2012-07-11_11-51-02_491.jpg

Re: 340 Six Pack Carb part ID - 10/05/17 03:49 AM

OK Thanks I see now where it goes
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 340 Six Pack Carb part ID - 10/05/17 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By LemonTwiist
The center carb will not fill the bowl with gas. Both outboard carbs are getting fuel. I can manually fill the bowl through the sight screw and is runs until the gas is gone, then stops. At first I thought the float was stuck so I took the carb apart and this part fell out of the bowl when I opened it. I don't recognize it and I don't know if it belongs in there. It is plastic, but I don't see anything like it in the rebuild kit or the diagram. the float moves freely so it's not the float. Ant ideas as to what it is and where it goes and what it does?

I would pull the needle seat assy, chances are some crap has gotten into the seat, perhaps fine rust particles, just enough to hold the seat closed and not allow the bowl to fill...seats either get stuck open allowing flood conditions or seized close causing fuel starvation

Attached picture needleGNS.jpg

Re: 340 Six Pack Carb part ID - 10/06/17 02:53 AM

Thanks Yes I did that and the seat works well I think that is what originally happened. It was stuck shut. Readjusted the float and will also do a complete gasket change and insert a filter in the inlet
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: 340 Six Pack Carb part ID - 10/06/17 03:49 AM

Did it originally have a filter in the inlet? I've seen some with no filter.
© 2024 Moparts Forums