Moparts

Amd door glass fitment problems

Posted By: Thread Ender1

Amd door glass fitment problems - 09/26/17 01:15 AM

I bought A full set of AMD glass about 6 years ago for a 68 Dodge Charger, has ANY one experienced fitment problems. The door is adjusted properly but will not go all the way up. I have a least 3/8" before the glass contacts the upper weatherstrip. regulator is disconnected.

Attached picture IMG_4493.JPG
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Amd door glass fitment problems - 09/26/17 04:15 AM

Even stock/factory B body glass can be a bear to adjust properly, IMHO I think you need to play with the adjustment some, looks like the front of the glass is up, but the rear is hanging, if you have to mod any of the stops/guides do so

Did you overlay the new glass on the old to check profile/holes/etc?
Posted By: Thread Ender1

Re: Amd door glass fitment problems - 10/24/17 12:04 AM

It was convertible glass.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Amd door glass fitment problems - 10/24/17 06:53 AM

Let me see here? AMD makes CONVERTIBLE 1968 CHARGER glass? eek

Re: Amd door glass fitment problems - 10/24/17 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By Dave Hall

B body side glass is interchangeable among most 2dr models, AMD evidently sent him B body vert glass by mistake
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Amd door glass fitment problems - 10/24/17 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By Dave Hall

Sweet, I could use new glass for my Charger convertible!
Posted By: RJS

Re: Amd door glass fitment problems - 10/24/17 05:03 PM

I just bought a driver's door piece for a 71 B-body and the fit and finish was very nice. Wish they didn't make the etching as large as they do but better than buying used sight unseen and then hoping it is as described.
Ron
Posted By: CKessel

Re: Amd door glass fitment problems - 10/25/17 03:51 PM

Welcome to the world of restoration parts that don't fit. I did door glass on a 67 Camaro at work. The curvature of the glass on both doors didn't match the quarter glasses and therefore didn't seal against the moulding/seal combo on the from edge of the quarter glass yielding leaks. On a 65 Chevy wagon, the rr quarter glass was off almost 2" in its curvature. They ended up getting one from DVAP out of another car. Fit perfect.
Posted By: demon

Re: Amd door glass fitment problems - 10/25/17 09:17 PM

There are so many adjustments on the side glass. Looks to me like you have the vent window frame leaning back which causes the gap shown.
The vent frame has multiple adjusting points and needs to be right in order for everything else to fit.
Also the up stop at the rear of the door glass on a 69-70 is on the rear vertical track and may be adjusted too low.
I have installed AMD side glass with no fitment problems, so before everyone jumps on the "repro parts don't fit" bandwagon, first check the adjustment.
Adjust the door glass first, and then the quarter glass to match, but that said, both need minor adjustments until everything jives and either glass can be rolled up individually and seal to everything.
Adjusting side glass is something that is hard to explain and experience makes it a lot easier.

Re: Amd door glass fitment problems - 10/26/17 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By demon
There are so many adjustments on the side glass. Looks to me like you have the vent window frame leaning back which causes the gap shown.
The vent frame has multiple adjusting points and needs to be right in order for everything else to fit.
Also the up stop at the rear of the door glass on a 69-70 is on the rear vertical track and may be adjusted too low.
I have installed AMD side glass with no fitment problems, so before everyone jumps on the "repro parts don't fit" bandwagon, first check the adjustment.
Adjust the door glass first, and then the quarter glass to match, but that said, both need minor adjustments until everything jives and either glass can be rolled up individually and seal to everything.
Adjusting side glass is something that is hard to explain and experience makes it a lot easier.

They sent the OP CONVERTIBLE glass instead of HARDTOP glass, that's why it's important to lay the old glass over the repro glass to confirm fit and finish before wasting time on an install
© 2024 Moparts Forums