Moparts

Rocker arm adjustments

Posted By: DAMOPARS

Rocker arm adjustments - 06/05/08 02:01 PM

Putting on adjustable rockers,
How do I go about setting these up?
Can I do both sides or one side at a time?
They get adjusted when the valves are closed Correct? How do I tell if the valves are closed etc..
Thanks
Posted By: 65cuda

Re: Rocker arm adjustments - 06/05/08 02:19 PM

look on Comp Cams web site they tell how to set them up
Posted By: My340Duster

Re: Rocker arm adjustments - 06/05/08 04:34 PM

Adjust them to zero lash and then turn in 3/4 of a turn and lock them down. Adjust them according to the chart attached here.

Attached File
4469623-valve.bmp  (161 downloads)
Posted By: DAMOPARS

Re: Rocker arm adjustments - 06/05/08 05:33 PM

Will that chart work the same for a BB?
Thanks
Posted By: mark7171

Re: Rocker arm adjustments - 06/05/08 08:52 PM

i dont think so, and thats strange...

TDC on a RB hits 2+7 on int, and 4 +8 on the exh. that is not congruent with that chart.

Posted By: marks69

Re: Rocker arm adjustments - 06/05/08 09:03 PM

Start at one cylinder and finish the intake and exhaust valve both before moving on.Turn your motor over clockwise, when the exhaust valve starts just starts to open stop and adjust the intake valve.(adjust to whatever lash is required whether hydraulic or solid).Next continue to turn the motor clockwise watching the intake valve of the same cylinder. When the intake valve opens and almost completely shuts stop and adjust the exhaust valve. Now continue to the next cylinder. This is the proper way to lash your valves according to comp cams and many other manufacturers.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Rocker arm adjustments - 06/06/08 02:32 AM

Quote:

Start at one cylinder and finish the intake and exhaust valve both before moving on.Turn your motor over clockwise, when the exhaust valve starts just starts to open stop and adjust the intake valve.(adjust to whatever lash is required whether hydraulic or solid).Next continue to turn the motor clockwise watching the intake valve of the same cylinder. When the intake valve opens and almost completely shuts stop and adjust the exhaust valve. Now continue to the next cylinder. This is the proper way to lash your valves according to comp cams and many other manufacturers.

have used this method since it was taught to me 30 years ago
© 2024 Moparts Forums