Moparts

Custom exhaust in washington, oregon

Posted By: 5280Dart

Custom exhaust in washington, oregon - 09/11/17 12:00 PM

Looking for a shop to fab and install 3" exhaust on the hotrod. Anyone have a favorite?

Re: Custom exhaust in washington, oregon - 09/12/17 05:38 AM

Accurate is in Oregon.

I'd call them and see if they do it themselves or have someone they recommend
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: Custom exhaust in washington, oregon - 09/12/17 05:14 PM

Second that. Accurate LTD. in Oregon.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Custom exhaust in washington, oregon - 09/12/17 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By BlueRacer69
Second that. Accurate LTD. in Oregon.

Ditto!! Tom and his crew is first class.
Posted By: A990

Re: Custom exhaust in washington, oregon - 09/12/17 10:09 PM

Accurate doesn't do installs. Besides, Accurate is a long way from Tri-Cities. The Portland area probably has what you need, good luck!
Posted By: floridian

Re: Custom exhaust in washington, oregon - 09/15/17 02:00 AM

There is a small shop in Glenwood, Oregon... It is in between Eugene and springfield... I havent been there in years but they used to do really nice work..

Accurate is in Sutherlin, just north of Roseburg...
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Custom exhaust in washington, oregon - 09/15/17 09:10 AM

None of the Austin shops or Walt's automotive do custom exhaust anymore? confused
What brand, model, engine and year car is your hotrod?
I've bought and used several of the Summit kits one on my 1969 Dart GTS 383 4 speed car and I have two of there exhaust pipes only kits from the headers back with no mufflers for both my 1966 dodges BB Coronet and my 1963 BB Fury up
Lots of choices out there work scope
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: Custom exhaust in washington, oregon - 09/15/17 02:15 PM

Muffler Works in Newberg is a shop that does both OEM and custom work. Just for some back ground, the owner is a gear head and drag racer and is the son of Larry Hill, brother of the late Jerry Hill, former race car fabricator and drag racer. I have taken stuff there for decades.

Muffler Works
406D N Main St
Newberg, OR 97132
(503) 538-3810

- EM
Posted By: RT03

Re: Custom exhaust in washington, oregon - 09/18/17 07:44 AM

With the ridiculous amounts of money the muffler shops around the Portland area want for their lousy crush bent exhaust systems, you might be better off buying a kit from Summit if that would work for you.

The only shop I knew of in the Portland area that did mandrel bent systems closed it's doors on doing exhaust work. The new business does mandrel bends only-no installs.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Custom exhaust in washington, oregon - 09/18/17 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By earlymopar
Muffler Works in Newberg is a shop that does both OEM and custom work. Just for some back ground, the owner is a gear head and drag racer and is the son of Larry Hill, brother of the late Jerry Hill, former race car fabricator and drag racer. I have taken stuff there for decades.

Muffler Works
406D N Main St
Newberg, OR 97132
(503) 538-3810

- EM

I had Muffler Works do an exhaust system for me years ago and it came out very nice. I was pretty picky on what I wanted and they just put the car up on the lift and laid it all out the way I wanted and did it per my specs. They were okay with me standing under the car showing them what I wanted. This was more than 10 years ago so I don't know if they are still in business or if the same guys are still there or not. The shop is a little run down but they did excellent work for me. I need a new exhaust system for my Coronet so if they are still in business I'll stop by there and talk to them.
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: Custom exhaust in washington, oregon - 09/19/17 02:17 PM

Yes, they are still in business. The son of Larry Hill (the original business founder) now runs the shop. I had the same experiences as you did with regard to being under the car directing the layout. I assume the son is the same way but can't speak from experience with him.

- EM
© 2024 Moparts Forums