Moparts

Stupid Question "Tire Paint Stick"

Posted By: Kiddart

Stupid Question "Tire Paint Stick" - 09/02/17 04:53 PM

I was at Milan last night watching. How do these racers keep the white M/T letters on the rear slicks so clean. I tried to clean my letters and the paint came right off? Any thoughts or what the use to keep clean.

I know stupid question but I don't have the answer.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Stupid Question - 09/02/17 05:09 PM

Bro there are no stupid questions (only rude replies!) however I do not know the answer to your Q but I'm sure drag racers & resto guys do & will chime in.
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Stupid Question - 09/02/17 06:00 PM

There is a paint stick that you can get to repaint the white letters on the side. Someone will show up someday and tell you where to get it, I don't remember. Maybe put the 'paint stick' in your title to get their attention. grin
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Stupid Question - 09/02/17 06:03 PM

I see one thingie down there a few rows in here;

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylc=X3oDMTFiN25laTRvBF9TAzIwMjM1MzgwNzUEaXRjAzEEc2VjA3NyY2hfcWEEc2xrA3NyY2h3ZWI-?p=tire+white+letter+paint+stick&fr=yfp-t&fp=1&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

search link - click here
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: Stupid Question "Tire Paint Stick" - 09/03/17 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By Kid-Dart
I was at Milan last night watching. How do these racers keep the white M/T letters on the rear slicks so clean. I tried to clean my letters and the paint came right off? Any thoughts or what the use to keep clean.

I know stupid question but I don't have the answer.
Summit Racing has tire paint markers.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Stupid Question "Tire Paint Stick" - 09/03/17 06:32 AM

Usually only new tires have good looking letters. They turn yellow pretty quick. I don't know anyone who renews their letters, only their tires.
Posted By: bbtrux

Re: Stupid Question "Tire Paint Stick" - 09/03/17 06:47 PM

Ive known a few people to shoe polish them. Cant speak for how well it works.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Stupid Question "Tire Paint Stick" - 09/03/17 07:33 PM

^^^ that is a good idea & what I would try if I was in that situation & preclean it with something that works well on rubber.
© 2024 Moparts Forums