Moparts

RIM BLOW STEERING WHEEL REMOVAL

Posted By: isettakurt

RIM BLOW STEERING WHEEL REMOVAL - 08/26/17 03:59 PM

Hello,
How Does the Rim Blow Center Cap come off the wheel and how is the Extension tube removed. I do not want to damage anything. There are no diagrams in any of the manuals.
Thanks, Kurt
Posted By: MoparMike1974

Re: RIM BLOW STEERING WHEEL REMOVAL - 08/26/17 05:48 PM

The center cap just pops off. Under it will be three nuts that hold the steering wheel on. If you want to take the adapter can off there is one nut in the middle that holds it to the steering shaft splines. You will need a puller to remove the can after the nut is removed.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: RIM BLOW STEERING WHEEL REMOVAL - 08/26/17 06:52 PM

The extension comes off like a regular steering wheel. Remove the big nut them use a steering wheel puller to remove the extension.
Posted By: ahy

Re: RIM BLOW STEERING WHEEL REMOVAL - 08/27/17 02:31 AM

I'll just add careful/gentle use of a screwdriver will pry/pop the cap off. Pull the electrical connector (obvious) and remove 3 nuts to pull the wheel.

Re: RIM BLOW STEERING WHEEL REMOVAL - 08/27/17 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By ahy
I'll just add careful/gentle use of a screwdriver will pry/pop the cap off. Pull the electrical connector (obvious) and remove 3 nuts to pull the wheel.

What electrical connector?

This is a Rim Blow.

The electrical connector needs to be done after the wheel is unbolted usually
Posted By: Sxrxrnr

Re: RIM BLOW STEERING WHEEL REMOVAL - 08/28/17 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By isettakurt
Hello,
How Does the Rim Blow Center Cap come off the wheel and how is the Extension tube removed. I do not want to damage anything. There are no diagrams in any of the manuals.
Thanks, Kurt

Mine pops off easily each time I hit it to honk the horn.

Re: RIM BLOW STEERING WHEEL REMOVAL - 08/28/17 05:57 AM

Originally Posted By Sxrxrnr
Originally Posted By isettakurt
Hello,
Thanks, Kurt

Mine pops off easily each time I hit it to honk the horn.

How's that working for ya? laugh
© 2024 Moparts Forums