Moparts

OEM E body sway bar bushings

Posted By: Ron TN

OEM E body sway bar bushings - 08/25/17 03:54 PM

I put a swap meet OEM rear sway bar on my 73 Barracuda (I call Cuda). The bushings are worn and I want to replace them with Urethane bushings. Is there a replacement bushing with metal brackets or do I have to break apart the current brackets and replace the bushings only in the existing bracket? If I can only replace the bushings, any tips/how to's on how to replace those bushings?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: OEM E body sway bar bushings - 08/25/17 05:09 PM

Yes u must cut apart the metal brackets and reweld or force the new rubber/urethane into them....
Posted By: rallye73

Re: OEM E body sway bar bushings - 08/26/17 05:44 AM

Drill out the spot welds on the bracket. That's what I did with mine. There was only one spot weld on each side of the bracket. I drilled out one side and pried it apart enough to get the bushing out. Clamp it back together and weld it up.
Posted By: Montclaire

Re: OEM E body sway bar bushings - 08/26/17 07:54 PM

I've also seen people lube the new ones up and work them in (carefully) with wide mouth pliers, but that was with rubber.
Posted By: Ron TN

Re: OEM E body sway bar bushings - 08/29/17 11:05 PM

Where is the best place to get the urethane bushings? I don't recall seeing them anywhere.
Posted By: rallye73

Re: OEM E body sway bar bushings - 08/30/17 05:28 AM

I used a kit from Energy Suspension. The part number I used was 9.5106. I used the black ones to try and keep it stock looking.
© 2024 Moparts Forums