Moparts

quick ratio Pitman and Idler Arm with TTIs

Posted By: hemi68charger

quick ratio Pitman and Idler Arm with TTIs - 08/21/17 05:01 PM

Hey gang..

I don't think there will be an issue, but wanted to know if anyone has ever installed the Proforged Fast Pitman and Idler Arm Kit on their B-body with TTI headers and had any issues. Again, it doesn't appear to be an issue... Will be going on a '70 Charger.. If it feels right, heck,,, may put the kit on my Daytona and Superbird..

Posted By: chargervert

Re: quick ratio Pitman and Idler Arm with TTIs - 08/21/17 06:11 PM

Hey Troy, I had a fast ratio steering arm on my 71 Challenger convertible, and it hit the headers. I have Hooker super comps on it though. The stock pitman arm cleared them without any contact.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: quick ratio Pitman and Idler Arm with TTIs - 08/21/17 06:46 PM

The TTI instructions stated that they will NOT clear but I have them in my 70 Charger.440 based 493, TTI 2" headers, stock motor mounts and I have about 1/2" of clearance at the closest point. I think that TTI was just being cautious.

Re: quick ratio Pitman and Idler Arm with TTIs - 08/21/17 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By Frankenduster
The TTI instructions stated that they will NOT clear but I have them in my 70 Charger.440 based 493, TTI 2" headers, stock motor mounts and I have about 1/2" of clearance at the closest point. I think that TTI was just being cautious.

Thanks !!

Re: quick ratio Pitman and Idler Arm with TTIs - 08/21/17 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By chargervert
Hey Troy, I had a fast ratio steering arm on my 71 Challenger convertible, and it hit the headers. I have Hooker super comps on it though. The stock pitman arm cleared them without any contact.

Thanks Pete for the reply. I couldn't believe the amount of difference between the headers I took off this 70 I am working on compared to the TTI's. The torsion bars have plenty of room. I will pass the reply above to the owner of the 70 I am working on.
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: quick ratio Pitman and Idler Arm with TTIs - 08/22/17 06:02 PM

2" TTIs will clear the long arms but the 1/7/8" will not.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: quick ratio Pitman and Idler Arm with TTIs - 08/22/17 06:32 PM

Probably not relevant in your case but I have TTI headers and Firm Feels Fast Ratio Pitman and Idler on my '89 Diplomat Police and they fit together.
© 2024 Moparts Forums