Moparts

Tires, suggestions please 2014 Challenger RT+ 6spd manual

Posted By: it's Bob

Tires, suggestions please 2014 Challenger RT+ 6spd manual - 07/12/17 04:18 PM

Ok, the factory Goodyear Eagle1 tires are getting a bit low on tread, much nosier and difficult to keep in balance for long. Any one with suggestions for replacement tires? 245/45R20Z

In the Houston area so snow and ice traction concerns are about nil, do need good water/wet traction as standing water is a problem during and after rain showers/storms.

No track time, this is my daily driver, just good highway manners, 70-80 mph seems to be the average speed around here on the beltway/freeways, hopefully a bit more than the 30k-ish miles I got out of the OEM set.

Thanks!

Well, crap, intended for this to go in the General instead of here, does a Mod want to move this for me?
Posted By: 1970Dart3406

Re: Tires, suggestions please 2014 Challenger RT+ 6spd manual - 07/12/17 04:51 PM

I have Firestone Indy 500's on mine. They are great, but not sure how many miles you will get out of them. Got them on Tire Rack for a very good price for what they are. Mine are staggered sizes because I have 275's on the rear
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Tires, suggestions please 2014 Challenger RT+ 6spd manual - 07/12/17 06:02 PM

I have the exact same on mine 275's on the rear & all.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Tires, suggestions please 2014 Challenger RT+ 6spd manual - 07/12/17 06:50 PM

I've hated Firestone ever since the 721 debacle but have to admit my OEM Firehawks have been quite satisfactory. On my second set now, my only complaint is they only go about 40,000 miles. When this set is out I'll put my Michelin MXM4's back on. I noticed no drivabilty or performance differences but all my driving is commuting. I do expect a longer life from the Michelins but they also cost more. 2¢

Robert
Posted By: TimS

Re: Tires, suggestions please 2014 Challenger RT+ 6spd manual - 07/12/17 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By 3hundred
I've hated Firestone ever since the 721 debacle but have to admit my OEM Firehawks have been quite satisfactory. On my second set now, my only complaint is they only go about 40,000 miles. When this set is out I'll put my Michelin MXM4's back on. I noticed no drivabilty or performance differences but all my driving is commuting. I do expect a longer life from the Michelins but they also cost more. 2¢

Robert

Your getting way more out of your OEM Firehawks than I'm getting. I'll be lucky to get 30K miles on my 2013 R/T.
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Tires, suggestions please 2014 Challenger RT+ 6spd manual - 07/13/17 01:07 AM

i hear a lot of good replies about the Continental extremecontact line, the DW DWS and the sport, of tires on my mustang message boards.

i run Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my 650rwhp mustang. these tires are considered the gold standard for ultra high performance summer tire.
Posted By: rallye73

Re: Tires, suggestions please 2014 Challenger RT+ 6spd manual - 07/13/17 05:16 AM

I'm running Michelin Pilot sport A/S on my Scat Pack. Much better tread life than the oem F1's. So far I'm been pretty happy with them.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Tires, suggestions please 2014 Challenger RT+ 6spd manual - 07/13/17 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By Mr T2U
i hear a lot of good replies about the Continental extremecontact line, the DW DWS and the sport, of tires on my mustang message boards.

That what I bought for my '15 R/T. Seem ok. Little less road noise. Pretty grippy.

I only got 34K out of my or tires.
Posted By: kenz

Re: Tires, suggestions please 2014 Challenger RT+ 6spd manual - 07/14/17 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By rallye73
I'm running Michelin Pilot sport A/S on my Scat Pack. Much better tread life than the oem F1's. So far I'm been pretty happy with them.

These are what I put on our 2011 RT. Went up a little in size, 255-45R20. Looks good and the tires are awesome. Really quiet compared to stock and seem to grip well. Haven't had much experience with them in the rain. Bought them mainly for the longevity and ride comfort.
Posted By: it's Bob

Re: Tires, suggestions please 2014 Challenger RT+ 6spd manual - 07/14/17 04:00 AM

Thank you very much for your experience and opinions! Really appreciate the input. I had looked at the Michelin tires and was sort of leaning that way.

Kind of confirming my confirmation bias about what to do.
© 2024 Moparts Forums