Moparts

Multi Carb Synconizer

Posted By: 71birdJ68

Multi Carb Synconizer - 07/07/17 09:33 PM

Does anybody know where I could find a uni sync that will fit four bbl carbs?
Posted By: Diplomat440

Re: Multi Carb Synconizer - 07/07/17 09:44 PM

Dvorak Machine sells one. Their website's down though it seems.

The one they offer is just a regular uni sync attached to a cheap plastic carb cap

I made my own thats pretty nice with a beefy billet cap. Only took a few minutes to build with a hole saw and a few selft tapping screws.

Re: Multi Carb Synconizer - 07/07/17 10:47 PM

Larry Sheppard has them also, but he wants $200 for one. That
s to F...... high.
Posted By: Diplomat440

Re: Multi Carb Synconizer - 07/07/17 10:57 PM

I think i have about $40 in this. $25 for the uni sync and $15 for the cap.
Got the stuff from summit of jegs a few years back when i put the tunnel ram on my Diplomat.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Multi Carb Synconizer - 07/07/17 11:05 PM

Edlbrock is who I bought mine form years ago, probably Summit and Jegs offers them now as already pointed out scope
I use to use mine on most six pack, cross rams and tunnel ram motors I tuned until I learned to listen carefully to motor at the idle speed when adjusting the idle mixture screws and idle speed screws work scope
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Multi Carb Synconizer - 07/08/17 01:50 AM

Ah a wonderful tool and brings backs great memory's racing methanol injected dragsters.
Used a Uni syn to tune the idle on these kinsler magnesium
stack injectors. After a while I could hear when it was right and used the uni syn to check my work. The engine cackled just perfect at idle and you could hear when it was right. Then when that happens the plugs are all heated more evenly at launch so the engine makes immediate horsepower and revs faster.

This is my second injected dragster, 632" donovan big chief pontiac 1200hp without N2O in 1993.

451" hemi.

Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Multi Carb Synconizer - 07/08/17 02:19 AM

sweet
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Multi Carb Synconizer - 07/08/17 03:36 AM

Sorry to hi jack, the Uni Syn is a great tool and I can see needing it for your dual quad hemi. Same deal as I was talking about with the plugs on your motor.

Someone I am sure makes a 4 barrel adapter but I don't know where to find one right off hand.

I raced this 2.9 crower stack injected 572 BB chevy with dart 360 heads dragster. It had kinsler installed split shafts in it so I could tune the manifold at idle with the Uni Syn. 1000 hp motor.

Posted By: moparx

Re: Multi Carb Synconizer - 07/08/17 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By 71birdJ68
That
s to F...... high.

ahh.... "used cars" quote. laugh2 my second favorite movie of all time !
beer

Re: Multi Carb Synconizer - 07/08/17 06:40 PM

Yes, here at New Deal Used Cars, we blow the living S..t out of high prices.
Posted By: lockjaw-express

Re: Multi Carb Synconizer - 07/09/17 02:18 AM

Here is one I found on Moparts, built using PVC Fittings!

Mark

Attached picture 6h70au.jpg
Attached picture 6h70au.jpg
Posted By: Sxrxrnr

Re: Multi Carb Synconizer - 07/09/17 02:24 AM

Used cars, agreed at number 2, with Gumball Rally at number 1,,,both with some great one liners,,,,Original Vanishing Point and Steve McQueen's Le Mans fitting somewhere in my top 5 car movies. And cannot forget Bullett.
© 2024 Moparts Forums