Moparts

A-Body vs B-Body exhaust tips

Posted By: DusterKid

A-Body vs B-Body exhaust tips - 06/28/17 04:10 PM

I have a 69 barracuda that I am putting on dual exhaust. The car was originally a /6 so I have to buy exhaust tips, tip hangers, etc. My dad has a set of exhaust tips from his 69 roadrunner from back in the day. My questions are..

How much different are these tips compared to an A-Body tip? (Mounting tab, dimensions, etc)
Would they work on my cuda?
Will the stock a-body exhaust tip hanger work or a custom on need be made?
Posted By: a12rag

Re: A-Body vs B-Body exhaust tips - 06/28/17 04:25 PM

I know that the B body tip is shorter than the A body (at least mid 70's Abody) . . . the tab on the top for the hanger is the same, just would need to move the hanger to correct spot for the B body tip. Also, think the B body tip is different outlet shape (oval versus square for A body) . . . I am sure that if you get the B body tips and mock them up on your car, you can figure it all out . . .
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: A-Body vs B-Body exhaust tips - 06/29/17 12:03 AM

The 69 Barracuda tip is the shortest one that was made for the A-Body, so it may be the same length as the Road Runner, but definitely different end as mentioned above.
Posted By: topside

Re: A-Body vs B-Body exhaust tips - 06/29/17 05:11 AM

A-body Barracudas had the rectangular tip like Dodges generally did, didn't they? (as opposed to the '68-'70 Plymouth B oval tips). Overall lengths differ as do the hanger tab locations.
© 2024 Moparts Forums