Moparts

1971 K Member Frame Front Sway Bar Installation Adding Rear

Posted By: bee1971

1971 K Member Frame Front Sway Bar Installation Adding Rear - 06/24/17 10:33 AM

Short Block should Bee done soon

Picked up rebuilt Tranny yesterday

Installing sandblasted and powdercoated 1971 K Member with skid plate

New lower control arm bushings and going through front suspension

Anyways started putting my car back together . What is the largest size aftermarket front sway bar that will slide through the 1971 K Member with front skid plate without cutting the welds on skid plate ?

Also

If installing the factory front sway bar , do the ends of the sway bar curve down or up when installing all the hardware for the end link bushings ? The factory sway bar will slide through the K Member skid plate either way and I want the correct orientation of the sway bar ends curve up or down

Any pictures ?

Thanx Scott

Also would like to install a rear sway bar on my 1971 Charger Bee

Looking for simple ease of an aftermarket installation while maintaining a factory look

1972 Dodge Charger was the first year for factory rear sway bar correct
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: 1971 K Member Frame Front Sway Bar Installation Adding Rear - 06/24/17 03:08 PM

yes, 72 was the first year for the rear sway bar.... bars itself are not hard to come by, same as frame brackets because they are the same then laters B bodies BUT plates between axle and springs are hard to find, being one year only.
Posted By: bee1971

Re: 1971 K Member Frame Front Sway Bar Installation Adding Rear - 06/25/17 04:59 PM

I see Firmfeel has these brackets or plates that attach between the axle and springs like you mention with there kit

http://www.firmfeel.com/b_body_mopar_rear_sway_bar.html

Also see PST sells a kit , but couldn't find directions at half the cost for rear per Firmfeel

http://p-s-t.com/c-1176063-suspension-sway-bar-g-max.html#!year%3D1971%7C%7Cmake%3DDODGE%7C%7Cmodel%3DCHARGER%20SUPER%20BEE

Guys , you like to Bee on Top , or on the Bottom LOL with these aftermarket rear sway bars

Any info on front swaybar and what would fit with skid plate like I mentioned along with arches up or down on factory unit

Re: 1971 K Member Frame Front Sway Bar Installation Adding Rear - 06/25/17 07:12 PM

That's an aftermarket design, quite diff from the stock one

Re: 1971 K Member Frame Front Sway Bar Installation Adding Rear - 06/25/17 07:24 PM

Check here for some info about the stock rear sway bar

3rd gen sway bar
© 2024 Moparts Forums