Moparts

Frame Leaf Spring Shackle Bushings - Moog Too Small?

Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Frame Leaf Spring Shackle Bushings - Moog Too Small? - 06/23/17 12:59 PM

I have Sherman replacement rear rails that have a 1.0" slug for the leaf spring bushing. I bought Moog K7309 leaf spring bushings and they are too small for the frame rail and almost completely go -inside- the frame rail as the shackle is tightened. The shackle touches the frame.

Can anyone recommend a 1.0" small OD shackle bushing? Moog measures 0.83" on the small end and 1.0" on the big end.

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-k7309
Posted By: 19swinger70

Re: Frame Leaf Spring Shackle Bushings - Moog Too Small? - 06/23/17 02:23 PM

You might have A-body bushings. There were two sizes - very aggravating.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Frame Leaf Spring Shackle Bushings - Moog Too Small? - 06/23/17 02:39 PM

Looking at rock auto, they show the small bushing you have for a 70 Cuda, but if you look at a 70 B body or Challenger you find the 1" ones.

I suspect it's an error in the parts books carrying the A body Cuda info into the E body listing. Seen that a lot. Mever been able to get it fixed either.

Re: Frame Leaf Spring Shackle Bushings - Moog Too Small? - 06/23/17 04:04 PM

Thanks guys. I'll check into that and see if I can get the right one coming.

Re: Frame Leaf Spring Shackle Bushings - Moog Too Small? - 06/27/17 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By Supercuda
Looking at rock auto, they show the small bushing you have for a 70 Cuda, but if you look at a 70 B body or Challenger you find the 1" ones.

I suspect it's an error in the parts books carrying the A body Cuda info into the E body listing. Seen that a lot. Mever been able to get it fixed either.

This was the case. Moog 7308 [not 7309] fit perfectly. Thanks, one more thing checked off of my list.
© 2024 Moparts Forums