Moparts

tti Hemi header fitment issues...?

Posted By: PJM

tti Hemi header fitment issues...? - 02/22/09 11:08 PM

Any one out there that has tti headers on their hemi E body or B body have fitment issues? I have spent $900+ on these and have contact in 3 different areas (1. Front inside corner of steering box 2. Steering coupler 3. Passenger side torsion bar). Any help appreciated.

ps. Correct motor mounts and K member is dead on.
Posted By: Bill MeLater

Re: tti Hemi header fitment issues...? - 02/22/09 11:19 PM

That's odd. $900.00 for $40.00 woth of steel and $50.00 worth off coating and they don't fit?
Posted By: hemibeep

Re: tti Hemi header fitment issues...? - 02/22/09 11:24 PM

I believe I had to grind some of the motor mounts to "slide" the motor around. Also used a washer on one side or the other to "raise" the motor. I have manual steering, an it was tight. DId you check you tranny mount to make sure it was smooshed too low?
Posted By: cudachas

Re: tti Hemi header fitment issues...? - 02/22/09 11:26 PM

I just did this swap with 2 1/8 TTI's and arruzza mounts and the only contact I had was with the steering coupler. (manual box). I just put a flaming river coupler in and gained the clearance I needed. No steering box or torsion bar issues.Guess I was lucky. Charlie.
Posted By: swifter

Re: tti Hemi header fitment issues...? - 02/22/09 11:30 PM

I agree with bill me later--I have no choice but to use tti and the outrages price they charge they should go in by themselves -You also pay for the coating and they rust anyway--Go Badgers

Re: tti Hemi header fitment issues...? - 02/22/09 11:34 PM

For this kind of money they should fit without shimming or changing stock parts around. I am not happy!

Re: tti Hemi header fitment issues...? - 02/22/09 11:43 PM

Hemibeep. What do you mean about the tranny mount smooshed? I have a brand new mount in.
Posted By: hemibeep

Re: tti Hemi header fitment issues...? - 02/22/09 11:55 PM

if you have new tranny mount you are ok there. might want to think out oil dipstick as well. I used a 440 one, if you need one, do NOT buy chrome one, tube does NOT want to go into the block.

Re: tti Hemi header fitment issues...? - 02/22/09 11:59 PM

Ok thanks
Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: tti Hemi header fitment issues...? - 02/23/09 12:23 AM

The factory k-members on these cars have real sloppy tolerances. The engine could be sitting in there way off from where it should be. Have you measured to make sure it is sitting in there according to TTI's instructions? My TTIs hit everywhere too (small block) and once I get the engine sitting in there according to TTI instructions they cleared everything and required no dents.

Re: tti Hemi header fitment issues...? - 02/23/09 12:42 AM

Yes been through 2 k members.
© 2024 Moparts Forums