Moparts

McLeod Clutches

Posted By: 70sixpkrt

McLeod Clutches - 06/03/17 12:35 AM

McLeod doesn't sell their 360153 Pressure Plates anymore. Does anybody know who still has some of these?
https://www.summitracing.com/nv/parts/mcl-360153/overview/
Posted By: Pale_Roader

Re: McLeod Clutches - 06/03/17 01:03 AM

I just noticed that too. Everything is diaphragm that i can find with them now.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: McLeod Clutches - 06/03/17 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By 70sixpkRT
McLeod doesn't sell their 360153 Pressure Plates anymore. Does anybody know who still has some of these?
https://www.summitracing.com/nv/parts/mcl-360153/overview/

I don't know if it's still available, but McLeod offered a rebuild service of their line of pressure plates, if you still have one that needs refurbishing, try contacting McLeod directly
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: McLeod Clutches - 06/03/17 01:33 AM

Looks like they still offer the rebuild service

https://www.mcleodracing.com/content/mcleod-service-center/

Re: McLeod Clutches - 06/03/17 08:39 AM

If I can't find a new one, I'll probably call them about the rebuild process.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: McLeod Clutches - 06/03/17 04:46 PM

Darn that was my favorite pressure plate to use
Posted By: Dixie

Re: McLeod Clutches - 06/03/17 05:20 PM

Long story short, I have a used one with about 8K miles on it. If you decide you want to go that route, PM me, I'll give you the details.

I wound up buying a RAM setup. Hope it's as good.

Re: McLeod Clutches - 06/03/17 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By Dixie
Long story short, I have a used one with about 8K miles on it. If you decide you want to go that route, PM me, I'll give you the details.

I wound up buying a RAM setup. Hope it's as good.

Thanks Dixie but I like to find a new one. I might have to call Mcleod about their rebuilt service.

Re: McLeod Clutches - 06/12/17 11:13 PM

I just called Mcleod and they said they do not rebuild those pressure plates anymore. mad I also called Brewers and Passion Perf. and they have been recommending the Ram Pressure Plates since the Mcleods have been discontinued.
Posted By: TJP

Re: McLeod Clutches - 06/13/17 04:56 AM

I just called Mcleod and they said they do not rebuild those pressure plates anymore. mad

maybe they have seen the light, IE: GM /Centerforce diaphragm clutch design shruggy
It does S-ck when a manufacturer tells you to go pound sand. In the last 20 years of being a shop owner, Centerforce has been our choice. In that time-frame, only 1 comeback. yes it was their problem and it took a bit of arm twisting, but they did step up and replace it / cover it eventually.
twocents beer

Re: McLeod Clutches - 10/12/17 09:59 PM

Update: I sent my discontinued Mcleod #360153 Pressure Plate to Mcleod to see if they will rebuild it. I got a call this morning and they said no problem. So if anybody is using this pressure plate, send it to Mcleod to get rebuilt. I have 2 more of these Pressure Plates that I'm going to send them for rebuild. This is what mine looked like:

Attached picture pressure plate.JPG
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: McLeod Clutches - 10/12/17 11:07 PM

I wonder what the rebuild procedure is? Obviously they resurface the pressure plate itself, but then it's thinner. Do they then shim the springs to get the clamping force back to spec? Or replace all springs? Or just measure clamping force and if it's still within a spec range let it go?

Interesting
Posted By: 80fbody

Re: McLeod Clutches - 10/13/17 03:24 PM

I've had both a pressure plate and disk rebuilt by Hayes before. Did a great job. Looked new. It was a low mileage unit but trans was out so why not.
Posted By: TOMRR

Re: McLeod Clutches - 10/13/17 10:08 PM

Clutch Pkg
This is what I ended up getting from Passion Performance in PA. 3-FINGER TYPE PRESSURE PLATE

McLeod Clutch Package 12" 23 Spline (Use With 143 Tooth Flywheel) Includes Disc, Pressure Plate, Throwout Bearing and Pressure Plate Bolts
Product Details...
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: McLeod Clutches - 10/14/17 06:20 AM

Check out KY Clutches..
Talk to Chris or Dave, they can rebuild your clutch if U have the core pressure plate.

Also note Hays now part of Holley still list Borg & Beck pressure plates.

Just my $0.02... wink
Posted By: rarefish

Re: McLeod Clutches - 10/14/17 03:51 PM

A couple weeks back, I called Ram to ask them about a "street" replacement clutch for my stock 69 Dart GTS and they recommended the kit #88766. It is a B&B type. I bought one from Summit Racing, but be aware that Summit's web site photo shows a diaphragm pressure plate. The Ram tech assured me that it would be a B&B pressure plate.
I has worked out very good for me. I'm happy with the pedal feel that it gives.

Attached picture 100_4508.JPG
Posted By: QuickDodge

Re: McLeod Clutches - 10/17/17 06:56 PM

What is the difference in price between a new and a rebuilt clutch?

Re: McLeod Clutches - 10/17/17 07:23 PM

McLeod doesn't make this particular clutch any more.

Re: McLeod Clutches - 10/24/17 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda
I wonder what the rebuild procedure is? Obviously they resurface the pressure plate itself, but then it's thinner. Do they then shim the springs to get the clamping force back to spec? Or replace all springs? Or just measure clamping force and if it's still within a spec range let it go?

Interesting

I just spoke with Mcleod on these questions. They said they resurface the pressure plate face and then they replace all springs and everything that is accompanied with it. After that, they check and make sure the clamping force is the same as a brand new unit.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: McLeod Clutches - 10/25/17 02:00 AM

So its just like new! I sent my B&B to six states for rebuild, took a week to get it back....
http://www.sixstates.com/products/products.jsp
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: McLeod Clutches - 10/25/17 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda

Interesting

I just spoke with Mcleod on these questions. They said they resurface the pressure plate face and then they replace all springs and everything that is accompanied with it. After that, they check and make sure the clamping force is the same as a brand new unit.

Thanks! That's good to know. Its an option I didn't know existed...
© 2024 Moparts Forums