Moparts

71 Road Runner marker light question...

Posted By: Spanky

71 Road Runner marker light question... - 02/22/09 05:19 PM

I see that Year One now offers marker light lenses for these cars & they're considerably higher than the ones listed on Layson's website; about $45 vs $129. The housings look much better, but I don't need that, just lenses. Anyone used/installed a set from Layson's? Any problems with them or reason why YO is so much higher on their price?
Posted By: Chally426

Re: 71 Road Runner marker light question... - 02/22/09 05:32 PM

laysons are junk, I'm not sure who YO sells. But I would call Mike at BE&A
Posted By: basketcase

Re: 71 Road Runner marker light question... - 02/22/09 06:00 PM

a buddy just got a set from BE&A. very nice. I'm not up on '71s, but I don't think you can get the lenses seperate.
Posted By: Spanky

Re: 71 Road Runner marker light question... - 02/23/09 06:12 AM

Quote:

laysons are junk, I'm not sure who YO sells. But I would call Mike at BE&A

I'm looking for specifics. I've seen the lenses from Layson firsthand & they look fine to me; good color, crisp casting, apparently the correct shape. Is there something I missed?
Posted By: EV2RUNNER

Re: 71 Road Runner marker light question... - 02/28/09 05:04 PM

I have a set from Laysons and hey seem fine to me, my cars a driver they look fine to me. BUT Laysons service SUCKS! I was on back order for like 3 months after they charged my card, and told me they were shipped, until I complained on here then they came . I dont know how their service is now that was 2 yrs ago, I wont buy there any more. But the lenses look good to me.
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: 71 Road Runner marker light question... - 02/28/09 08:46 PM

The Layson's ones aren't the greatest. That being said, one of my front ones is from Layson's. It was purchased by the previous owner before I bought the car. It doesn't look AS BAD once it is installed. I needed a rear one and looked at Layson's at Carlisle two years ago. I looked through a STACK of lenses and complete lights. I couldn't find ONE that I liked. I wound up buying a nice used one from Chet's and had my friend/body guy polish/buff it up for me. It's very nice and was only $40.
© 2024 Moparts Forums