Moparts

Starters

Posted By: jeebis44

Starters - 05/24/17 09:36 PM

Will a regular ministarter fit/work on a '66 383 in a C-body? (FuryIII automatic)
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Starters - 05/25/17 12:35 AM

Should fit no problem but you may need to put the main cable on first depending on what starter you get. I prefer the OEM Denso unit from Mancini. They cost more but it will probably be the last starter you ever need.
Gus beer
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Starters - 05/25/17 12:48 AM

It will bolt to the transmission, but it may interfere with the exhaust pipe. IIRC they are a bit wider than the original starter.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Starters - 05/25/17 01:14 AM

DB electrical has China made ones for $59 with free shipping. I have one on my 528, and it does a good job. They are all made in China now. You can find on eBay

Re: Starters - 05/25/17 04:47 PM

OK - I remember there being some issue with interference but don't remember what. Is it easy to reroute the exhaust if that's the issue? I have a DB starter on the way and figured it was china junk from the price - just got it to see if the ministarter would work in my car. Any word on where to find US or Japan built minis?

Re: Starters - 05/25/17 04:48 PM

Seems these starters are either $60-75 or $150+
Posted By: R3 Racing

Re: Starters - 05/25/17 05:12 PM

I am using a DB starter to crank a 604 cuin 14.5 to 1 big block. It is the small six inch version. For the $54 price, you can't beat it.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Starters - 05/25/17 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By jeebis44
OK - I remember there being some issue with interference but don't remember what. Is it easy to reroute the exhaust if that's the issue? I have a DB starter on the way and figured it was china junk from the price - just got it to see if the ministarter would work in my car. Any word on where to find US or Japan built minis?

the fitment issue is taking off the extension for the wires. and making sure you hook up the wiring before installing the starter.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Starters - 05/25/17 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By mikemee1331
Originally Posted By jeebis44

the fitment issue is taking off the extension for the wires. and making sure you hook up the wiring before installing the starter.

That is one of the potential fitment issues.
© 2024 Moparts Forums