Moparts

Barracuda Convertible Top Questions

Posted By: DougR

Barracuda Convertible Top Questions - 05/22/17 05:08 AM

I have a 1969 Barracuda convertible that I bought as a project; ie, already disassembled. I am putting everything back together after painting, but don't understand how all the seals, gaskets, weatherstripping and chrome parts go together around the windshield and A pillars. I purchased all new rubber parts, but it is not obvious how it all goes together or in what sequence. The FSM is little help. Any advice, instructions and/or pics would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: PurpleBeeper

Re: Barracuda Convertible Top Questions - 05/22/17 10:17 PM

All I can say is re-check the FSM. I can only comment on a b-body convertible & there's not much to it. The windshield (on mine) isn't the same as a hardtop (taller). There's the basic windshield seal, two very thin foam rubber gaskets with adhesive on one side that go up the A-pillars on the outside under the chrome (anti-rattle?) and that's it. You should be able to figure out where each piece of windshield trim goes by laying it out on the car like a puzzle and see what fits where.
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Barracuda Convertible Top Questions - 05/22/17 10:49 PM

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/mopp-0903-convertible-top-installation/

don't know if this helps. they walk through a barracuda install.

Re: Barracuda Convertible Top Questions - 05/23/17 11:03 PM

Good magazine article. I plan to have a pro put the new top on, however. It seems like I have several sets of gaskets/seals/weatherstripping for the header area and it is not obvious what goes where. I will eventually figure it out.

Re: Barracuda Convertible Top Questions - 05/24/17 04:01 AM

OK I got it mostly figured out. The rubber parts that I thought went on the windshield frame really go on the front of the convertible top. I need to get the top spread out and start taking it apart.
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Barracuda Convertible Top Questions - 05/24/17 05:29 PM

I have a '68 convertible. Let me know which areas you need photos or measurements from and I will post them.
Posted By: RealWing

Re: Barracuda Convertible Top Questions - 05/25/17 03:04 AM

I recently finished a '69 vert. PM me if you need help
Jim

Re: Barracuda Convertible Top Questions - 05/25/17 04:50 AM

Thanks guys. I will probably be getting back to you as I work on the top. This is all new to me.
© 2024 Moparts Forums