Moparts

Chemical stripping in Buffalo area ??

Posted By: Stanton

Chemical stripping in Buffalo area ?? - 05/02/17 04:18 PM

Is there anyone in the Buffalo, NY area that dips complete bodies ?
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Chemical stripping in Buffalo area ?? - 05/02/17 05:17 PM

No. Closest place to me, 70 miles south of Buffalo, is American Metal Cleaning in Toldeo, OH. They are good and reasonable. There is another place I have used in Nanty Glow, PA but I think that is further for you.
Posted By: Cuda340

Re: Chemical stripping in Buffalo area ?? - 05/02/17 10:57 PM

There is a guy that does soda blasting, will that work?
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Chemical stripping in Buffalo area ?? - 05/02/17 11:16 PM

And I thought I was the only one who knew where Nanty Glow was!
R.
Posted By: mridolfo

Re: Chemical stripping in Buffalo area ?? - 05/03/17 03:13 AM

TechnoStrip in Brampton,Ontario can strip an entire bodies.

www.technostrip.com

Re: Chemical stripping in Buffalo area ?? - 05/03/17 04:09 AM

For some reason, stripping of any sort in Ontario is double the price of anywhere else. Hell, I could ship the car to BC, have it blasted there and shipped back and still be ahead of the game !!
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: Chemical stripping in Buffalo area ?? - 05/03/17 05:45 PM

No dipping anymore. There used to be a place in Tonawanda that had small tanks, could do doors, hoods and such. But closed many years ago. There are two blasters in the area that specialize in doing cars. I think, besides Toledo OH (which is actually about 300 miles from Buffalo or Toronto area through Canada), is Redistrip in Indiana. What is the asking rate at Techno Strip? I am getting close to have to have a shell stripped.
Posted By: Greg55_99

Re: Chemical stripping in Buffalo area ?? - 05/03/17 05:51 PM

What are the advantages or disadvantages of chemical stripping versus blasting?

Re: Chemical stripping in Buffalo area ?? - 05/03/17 07:12 PM

Chemical gets ALL the paint, filler, seam sealer, etc.. It then gets ALL the rust. Some places offer a zinc dip as well which then coats to prevent future rust.

Blasting of any sort only gets what the blaster sees or hits. As well, there is NO blast media fine enough to get all rust (fine pores) and therefore without some sort of chemical treatment afterwards its just bound to come back.

There will be naysayers and skeptics of both processes, it all boils down to personal preference.

I have had stuff blasted and I have had stuff dipped. The dip was far more impressive, leaving the surface as it came out of the stamping dies.

The downside to dipping of course it that it removes all the interior sound deadener, so you have to consider what you'll do about that.

Lately the big boys in the business seem to be going with the dip.
© 2024 Moparts Forums